Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bleona's Life

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen bitch.
Rate this Entry

My crazy new idea

Posted 10-12-2016 at 04:23 AM by bleonav06

I have decided to absolutely make a fantastic change to my life that I have made once before in the past. However in the past I just used it to be rebellious and to test the limits of my body and to do things that I should not have been doing, but now it is going to be done not only for my own personal gain, but hopefully for a much improved effort in my studies. Unfortunately it is either this or I have to take a temp leave on the site which I am trying to avoid.

So now let me end all of the suspense and tell you what this idea is, but first some background. The normal person sleeps from somewhere around 10 at night and wakes up whenever they have to in the morning for work. But I personally have had a bitch of a time getting up for my 8 am classes, which I have every day. So my new plan is that I will be sleeping once my classes end (usually around 1 pm) until around 9 or 10 at night so I can get a good amount of sleep and then I can use the 8 hours before class to do all my work and to have my recreational time.

Now I said I did this in the past which is mostly true. When I was a junior in high school I became nocturnal for a summer. I slept from 8am-4pm and stayed up and redid the cycle for the entire summer. The reason for that was so I could get stoned and play nhl on my xbox but now I think I can apply the same principle to my sleep schedule and I think it could make some great changes for me. If it works and I continue it I may do updates on how it feels and stuff like that so maybe one of you that has the same problems as me can find relief.

The only problems is that on monday and friday I have class until 6pm so it will be brutal only getting a few hours of sleep but I think it will be worth it to get my degree and make a shit ton of money.

I am starting this process today, by pulling an all nighter in hopes that I will be so tired after my last class that I fall asleep right then and there and I can wake up in the late evening and start this out as soon as possible. The last time I did this it only took 2 or 3 days to get fully adjusted, although I was on a lot of drugs at the time so it will be hard to gauge the feeling of my body.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2856 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sounds like a good plan. Being fresher in the morning might make your coursework improve, although you won't be fresh in your classes.

Maybe you could skip Monday and Friday if the schedule doesn't fit.

How will you make a shit ton of money though? I didn't grasp that point.
  2. Old Comment
    Wish you all the best with this ��
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yellowtop View Comment
    Sounds like a good plan. Being fresher in the morning might make your coursework improve, although you won't be fresh in your classes.

Maybe you could skip Monday and Friday if the schedule doesn't fit.

How will you make a shit ton of money though? I didn't grasp that point.
    my starting salary as a pharmacist will be roughly 108k per year
  4. Old Comment
    I don't know why, but his made me LOL. It sounds like something Kramer on Seinfeld would come up with. I'm generally a night owl myself, but I would advise against this. There have been studies that show people who work graveyard shifts, etc, encounter more health problems later in life, likely due at least in part to their unnatural sleep schedule. Plus when you graduate and eventually become a pharmacist, you'll likely be working 8am to 5pm (or later) type days, and it will be extremely difficult for your body to adjust after becoming accustomed to staying up all night and sleeping during the days.

Regardless, best of luck.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atownesq View Comment
    I don't know why, but his made me LOL. It sounds like something Kramer on Seinfeld would come up with. I'm generally a night owl myself, but I would advise against this. There have been studies that show people who work graveyard shifts, etc, encounter more health problems later in life, likely due at least in part to their unnatural sleep schedule. Plus when you graduate and eventually become a pharmacist, you'll likely be working 8am to 5pm (or later) type days, and it will be extremely difficult for your body to adjust after becoming accustomed to staying up all night and sleeping during the days.

Ahhhh,... I woyld definitely not bother about "live as a pharmasist", you will probably be old and boring by then ( don't take me too serious on this )

Just go for it,
    The idea is too crazy not to be tried
    Hope to get a report after about a week or so
  6. Old Comment
    108k is not even the starting salary for doctors in usa . I know from personal experience besides residents hv to work like slaves and do night shifts or 36 hours duties and they get 4k a month ( actually they get much less cos of taxation n stuff like 3200)
    So whoever told you that ..they lied

From the medical point of view going nocturnal is not a great idea for uni ( although u might hv tried it in school but thats school) . Rem you need natural melatonin for memory retention and thats only produced at night.
    Good luck though
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JONTYTHEKING View Comment
    108k is not even the starting salary for doctors in usa . I know from personal experience besides residents hv to work like slaves and do night shifts or 36 hours duties and they get 4k a month ( actually they get much less cos of taxation n stuff like 3200)
    So whoever told you that ..they lied

From the medical point of view going nocturnal is not a great idea for uni ( although u might hv tried it in school but thats school) . Rem you need natural melatonin for memory retention and thats only produced at night.
    Good luck though
    it is for pharmacists, http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...fa/Entry-Level

i take a lot of melatonin supplements also it produces melatonin at night because that is what it has been trained to do. I am retraining it to produce it in the afternoon.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atownesq View Comment

I actually wanted my first job to be a 7pm-7am shift which they have at hospitals because they need people to oversee medicines given at night. So this would fit perfectly.

I am not worried about late in life I do not want to be old.
  9. Old Comment
    I like how you are setting out a new plan for yourself. I also like that goal that you have made for yourself. At least you know the kind of job that you are going for and the kind of money in which you want to earn. Yes, it is hard work going through school, to reach that goal. Yes, the money will be great in the end of achievement. But, it is no easy road. It is a hard road as if you wish to become a doctor.

Yes, the payoff is great in the end.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterDaddy02 View Comment
    I like how you are setting out a new plan for yourself. I also like that goal that you have made for yourself. At least you know the kind of job that you are going for and the kind of money in which you want to earn. Yes, it is hard work going through school, to reach that goal. Yes, the money will be great in the end of achievement. But, it is no easy road. It is a hard road as if you wish to become a doctor.

Yes, the payoff is great in the end.
    Thank you, I know it is not going to be easy but I am excited and confident.
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sir stefan View Comment
    Ahhhh,... I woyld definitely not bother about "live as a pharmasist", you will probably be old and boring by then ( don't take me too serious on this )

Just go for it,
    The idea is too crazy not to be tried
    Hope to get a report after about a week or so
    well I thought that I should report about how this is going. Unfortunately I have not been able to fully coordinate it due to my classes being indefinitely cancelled. (YAY!) So I just sleep whenever and I have no pressure to get up for classes so I do not know how successful this will be