Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.

A very long time

Posted 01-17-2012 at 01:48 AM by depp

Was poking around the server today and saw we had access logs going back to 2006. That seems like an eternity ago. It felt sad removing all that history.

Onward!

Been working on a brand spanking new chat application to finally replace the crap we have been living with for a while. Expect awesomeness that will span multiple sites and usher in a new year of changes.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16818 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    6 epic years! Here's to the future!
    Posted 01-17-2012 at 10:36 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment
    is it SOPA? :O hahaha
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    6 epic years! Here's to the future!
    A couple more than that
    getDare began in 2004 and officially launched January 21, 2005. We moved from shared hosting sometime in 2006.

Quote:
    is it SOPA?
    I have no idea how sites like getDare would continue to exist under SOPA or PIPA. This was unrelated to all this mess though. I was just doing some work on the server.
  4. Old Comment
    well apparently if sopa comes around, people can still get on the blocked sites by just typing in the IP address of the website instead.
  5. Old Comment
    Look forward to improvements. Let's all hope this SOPA never happens and we can all enjoy another 2555 days like the sites already given people.

Thanks depp for all the time, hassle (and money. You have given to provide us all with this great website.
  6. Old Comment
    Hi Depp how are ya! ^^
    Posted 02-27-2012 at 11:01 PM by TheLittleStrawberry TheLittleStrawberry is offline