Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > RiskyFlame

Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

HID - Polls

Posted 12-24-2015 at 02:38 PM by RiskyFlame
Updated 01-08-2016 at 04:03 AM by RiskyFlame (Addition of poll 7)
Tags dares, hid, poll

Standard Blog Notes:
  • Criticize me. I won’t edit the blog, but I love to learn new things.
  • In case of something completely dangerous is written, please address me. Only in this case, the blog entry will be adjusted.
  • This blog entry is written purely for my entertainment and others (if any). So don’t take my word for it when I advise any kind of thing.
Specified Blog Notes:
  • This blog entry is about how I think about most polls on the getDare forum.
  • This blog entry contains six different kind of polls which would be good to use the next time you create a poll, or at least I'd think so.

Regular poll

First, let’s start with voting in a poll. It’s a simple one that will determine the length of someone’s time in a chastity device. You don’t know anything about the person, yet you still want to cast your vote. Because, you just want to help out someone who’s been asking for some time now. I am not asking you to actually vote in the comments or anywhere else, instead just think of the option you would vote for. So, …

How long will person Q be in the chastity device.
• 4 days.
• 7 days.
• 2 weeks.
• 1 month.

I can predict the approximate outcome of this poll. I’d say that each option gets about 5% of all the votes except for the last one, which gets the remaining votes that were casted. So person Q can start the determined period of chaste, which is one month. But who exactly came up determined the length of time: person Q or the getDare community?

I’d say person Q came up with the ‘one month’ option. Why? Because it’s rather obvious that the outcome of this poll would be the last option; the one month in the chastity device. I assume that most voters think that person Q wants to be in chaste for a long time. Why else would person Q be willing to put one month as one of the options. And since he wants to be the chastity device and he’s willing to be in it for one full month, the vote caster will vote for the last option.

Different poll

I will present you guys some examples of polls that won’t be as predictable as the example poll above. So, how would I create a similar poll to the one above without knowing what the outcome will be?

1 ► Sum up poll. (1)

How long will person Q be the chastity device? (enumerated)
(1 vote p.p.) (Closing at date dd-mm-yyyy)
  • Minus 24 hours.
  • Minus 12 hours.
  • Plus 6 hours.
  • Plus 12 hours.
  • Plus 24 hours.
This kind of poll will be depending on the amount of vote casters. I think most people would vote for the ‘Plus 24 hours’ option, so the more vote casters you have, the longer your period of time will be. Still, when somehow more people decide to deduct time from your time in chaste, the outcome may very strongly. So you don’t really know how long you’ll be going into the chastity device. Depending on which day you start the poll and how long the poll will be open, your length of time will get longer and longer. Tip: more people are online on weekend days, so start your poll sometime on Friday.

2 ► Sum up poll. (2)

How many times will I spank my ass? (enumerated)
(multiple votes p.p.) (Closing at date dd-mm-yyyy)
This kind of poll allows each user to vote for any amount of spanks between 0 and 50. Once again, some people just vote for the maximum amount possible. Although, there might be some people who just don’t read the poll and thread, voting only for a few ones. Or people who do read everything and understand it all just vote for the amount they want you to be spanked for. And like the poll #1, this poll also depends on the amount of vote casters there are.

3 ► Statistics related poll.

How many times do I have to edge?
  • Once for every post in this thread.
  • Once for every 10 views of this thread.
  • Five times for every ‘Thanks’ to this thread.
  • Once for every time this option has been voted for.
This kind of poll depends on the popularity of your thread. If you are a popular person, then I’d say you choose for these kind of polls. You can set your own rules to the poll as well. For instance, I’ll do the amount of edges from the first, second and third most voted options. Depending on how big your top-x will be, your amount of edges will increase.

4 ► True or False poll.

I create a(-nother) thread asking for dares with only two limits of my choice when …
  • … more than 50 people voted in this poll.
  • … this option has more than 45% of all the votes casted.
  • … this thread gets more than 300 views.
  • … none of the other options became True.
  • … I received dares from 10 different people in this thread.
  • … this option has an odd amount of votes.
This kind of poll gives you only one of the two results: True or False. Depending on what kind of rules you set up in your thread, you increase the change of carrying out the statement in the question-box of the poll. If you choose to look at the three most votes options, with True always overruling False, you have increased the changed of doing the statement. But when you only look at the single most voted option and this gives you False, you just got away with the stunt you pulled off.

5 ► Time spreading poll.

Person Q told me to spend time wearing my butt plug. But how do I spread the hours over time?
  • 24 hours a day, 7 days straight.
  • 12 hours a day, 14 days straight, only when I am awake.
  • 8 hours a day, 21 days straight, only at night when I sleep.
  • 4 hours a day, 42 days straight, whenever I am awake.*
  • 3 hours a day, 56 days straight, whenever I am awake.
Written in the thread:
* I may not take out the butt plug when I am doing my time wearing it, regardless of my reason.

This kind of poll does not determine how many hours you’ll spend wearing your butt plug. Instead, the getDare community can device how fast you’ll finish person Q’s orders. Each of the options comes down to the same time wearing the butt plug: 168 hours total.

6 ► Random addition or deduction poll.

Person Q told me to spend 2 months in denial to start with. You guys can either lower or higher this.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 4 days. When even, deduct 4 days.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 1 week. When even, deduct 1 week.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 10 days. When even, deduct 10 days.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 2 weeks. When even, deduct 2 weeks.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 3 weeks. When even, deduct 3 weeks.
  • When the number of votes is odd, add 1 month. When even, deduct 1 month.
This poll is all about how much the voter wants to gamble with. Basically, to give the poll creator as much time as possible, all the votes must have an odd number of votes. Or when the poll creator is lucky, he doesn’t have to any time in denial at all. When an option has not be voted even once, it has 0 votes, thus an even number which means the time will be deducted from the total. So as vote caster, make sure you don’t for the most obvious option (which is the last one because it’s adds or deducts the most time).

7 ► Average number poll.

Determine my length of time in chastity. All the votes will be balanced to an average.
  • 1 day.
  • 4 days.
  • 7 days.
  • 14 days.
  • 21 days.
  • 31 days.
There are some people who just vote for the option that is votes the most, because they presume that the option they want to choose for won't win. But with this poll, every vote counts, whether the option only gets voted for once or a dozen times, because at the end you balance all the results to an average. For those who don't know how this works:
(opt1 * vot1 + opt2 * vot2 + opt3 * vot3 + .....) / total of votes.
Definitions:
• optx = the amount of days you votes for in the option x.
• votx = the amount of votes that option x received.

Any thoughts?

So can any of you who read all the polls predict the outcome of some of them? If so, the others know. I hope this blog entry made you think about different kinds of polls. Maybe you even thought about a completely different kind of poll than the ones above. But note, I did not include each and every last one of all the polls. I only thought of polls that would give you a number as outcome, except for the fourth one though.

* * * Merry Christmas! * * *
Posted in How I Do
Views 3168 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments