Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Tease

Rating: 15 votes, 3.47 average.

Cheerleaders and Emotional Intelligence

Posted 06-22-2015 at 04:46 PM by Tease

Cheerleaders and Emotional Intelligence

It's been a couple of months since I posted to my blog and that's because I've been going through a rough time of things, losing animals is tough at any time but losing two of them in a short space of time is truly awful, especially with a demanding stressful job constantly piling on the pressure.

I'm doing ok with things, finding my happy face again and had a couple of thoughts last week whilst on a leadership course last week looking at what differentiates truly Extraordinary leaders, from the likes of Steve Jobs in his vision and innovation to the likes of Nelson Mandela Nelson who's life story has long since become a legend, one that transcends borders, race, language, or culture. His leadership truly belongs to the world and should be an inspiration to us all.

One of the things that can make a great leader is the Emotional Intelligence and it's this character trait that got me thinking, how we conduct ourselves and the happiness, support and empathy we bring can truly have an impact on others around us even when we don't feel at our best ourselves.

Whilst this was more geared towards business is it really so different to the support, empathy, self-control, drive and optimism I've long since thought as great traits for any Dominant, Master or Top. Is it even so difference from all the support, love, empathy, etc that a Slave, Sub, Bottom gives each and every day without question?

The lecturer proceeded to talk about the level of energy and happiness we have in ourselves as leaders has a real impact on those that work for us. A strong positive leader who can jump bridges with a single bound will drive more results than a snarky, miserable ape who bitches and picks fault with every tiny little detail.

He talked about it as a thermometer and how when we're energized and happy then we can feel bulletproof and overcome any obstacle, no matter how big or small the problem it can be bypassed. That's a stark difference to someone at the opposite end of the spectrum who is struggling with things and problems seemingly breeding more problems.

Anyone else noticed how they can handle anything that life throws at them when they're in a really happy mood, bad things just bounce off with no impact at all?

This thought was further compounded when the lecturer decided to demonstrate the impact we have by blowing up a ballon as he talked about how the positive influences in our life help to inflate our balloon and how the problems can be little pricks (quite literally) that deflate us again or as demo'd make us go BANG! and lose it.

That got me thinking about what's helped to keep my balloon inflated during this tough time I've faced and yeah yeah I know I always brag about how great she is but we've just passed out 5month mark so allow me some time to blush about her. Yes JLStockton25 wraps her lips around me and blows to help inflate me every day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	balloon.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	326

Who wouldn't want them lips wrapped around them and ..... ahem, sorry got a little side tracked there. Where was I ?

Oh yes.. my inspiration, my motivation..... MY Cheerleader.

A song that I've been playing a lot this last week is OMI - Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) <----- Click and listen. It's a good song and a happy vibe, just what has been needed. The lyrics and general sentiment remind me of my wonderful JL.. so I'll quote the lyrics here.

When I need motivation
My one solution is my queen
Cause she stay strong
Yeah, yeah
She is always in my corner
Right there when I want her

So very very true, every single day, without fail, no matter what mood I am in, what I need she gives me everything as I suspect many others find with their subs and slaves - mine is better than everyone else's though (ok I might be a slight bit biased there).

Thank you JL for all the support, it really has been appreciated.

She walks like a model
She grants my wishes
Like a genie in a bottle
Yeah, yeah
Cause I'm the wizard of love
And I got the magic wand
All these other girls are tempting
But I'm empty when you're gone

She's so hot and as my slave does indeed grant all my wishes, did I mention about her lips wrapped around my ......errrrr..... balloon? He he he. Did I mention my magic wand and the effect she has?

Yeah just for you my Beautiful Harry Potter Nerd Bird :P You're amazing. Wanna see? Wanna see?

She gives me love and affection
Baby did I mention
You're the only girl for me
No I don't need a next one

Enough said!! It's a bit late but Happy 5 months my dearest. It's been a rough month but I'm so glad I have you in my life. You're truly Extraordinary and never ever change!

For everyone else, just pause and think for a moment about your own Emotional Intelligence and how any positivity, support, inspiration that you can share or give out to others can have a huge impact on their lives and help to keep them inflated. It's unlikely any of us will reach the extraordinary levels to be the next Mandela but we can have small impacts on everyone around us, friend, family or foe.

Oh, I think that I've found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her
Oh, I think that I've found myself a cheerleader
She is always right there when I need her

MY JL <3

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6469 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'll fluff you with my pom poms anytime.

Thank you once again for another incredibly sweet blog. No matter what you're going through, I'll be in your corner supporting you as much as possible.

<3
  2. Old Comment
    Well bring them Pom Poms over here then and show me that wingardium leviosa spell on my magic wand again

If I apparate into your pants will you tame my Hungarian Horntail?
  3. Old Comment
    Your bed looks comfy, mind if I Slytherin?
  4. Old Comment
    Quidditch players often have 3 feet of wood between their legs so let's play. You grab my quaffles and I’ll find your golden snitch.