Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > What Strikes My Mind

An assortment of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and poor attempts at humor, all rolled into one easily digestable package.
Rate this Entry

H1N1 Stands For "Have One Nice One"

Posted 09-20-2009 at 09:32 PM by Odiefrom
Updated 10-12-2009 at 09:27 PM by Odiefrom (Oh, the irony.)

H1N1. If I see it on TV or read it in the paper one more time, I'll go crazy. H1N1, common called Swine Flu, is sweeping the globe as the 'illness of the day'. Want to garuantee people will come back to your news? Mention H1N1. People flock to it like birds to crumbs of bread. And speaking of birds, who remembers the Bird Flu, or the Avian Influenza? The old flu before Swine Flu moved in? Well, it's still out there. It's killing more people than before, because no one wants to further research on it. But the fear of it passed, why not let the fear of Swine Flu pass.

I was sick last weekend with a nasty case of the stomach flu. In fact I still crummy after a week. And everyone I know asks me, "Do you have swine flu?!?!?!" No. If I had swine flu, would it matter? If I met someone with swine flu, I'd TRY to get it from them! Once you fight through an illness, you can't get it again. So once you get H1N1, you will never fear it again. Will the doctors tell you that? No, if they did they'd lose money on vaccines. Will the media tell you that? No, cause then the scare goes away with their ratings.

So, in my humble opinion, is there a potential of being killed by H1N1? Yep. Is it realistic? Nope. But who am I to decide? Do your own research, and draw your own conclusions. Unless there's a bird-pig out there. Then the both the swine and avian flu merge to make the Swavian Flu, and we all are attacked by its zombie minions. Then we need to be afraid. And hide.

EDIT: I have had the stomach flu mentioned above continuously since my post, at the time of this edit. Fate, it would seem is not without a sense of irony. The docs say I might have swine flu lol. Oh well, nothing they can do for it now for me. And me fighting this thing off will prove that it is just a flu that can be beaten.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1301 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments