Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

The Pet Peeve Series #4

Posted 11-03-2013 at 07:56 PM by Komodo Jones

Yeah I know it's been a couple of weeks since I posted something here. I tend to get lazy and lack motivation at times, not to mention a lot of stuff has been going on lately with family and possibly getting a job and so forth. So bear with me the very few people who actually take the time to read this. For a while I've been mainly staying confined to the whole tord aspect of this site but there is another part of this site that provides a lot of pet peeves of mine. While there are still some pet peeves to tackle in the tord online let's rush into the s/m forums with my first pet peeve...

Pet Peeve #4: Aggrevating Assumers

Chances are you if you've actively participated in this site, at some point in time you have probably heard something along the lines of a slave/master relationship. And some people join this site solely for that reason. There is even a slave/master area which is how I found many of my subs and Mistresses in the past. But apparently there seems to be some miscommunication.

Now what I am about to talk about mainly applys to guys, while some girls do it, it's mostly guys. I've already stated that these brain-dead Neanderthals can't read in my previous entries, but apparently they can't see. If you scroll down on the main page you will see a large banner that says "Slave/Master Area." Yet they don't see this; instead guys find any girl who has posted anywhere on this site and sometimes ask, but usually demand, that this girl be their Mistress or slave. Why do you do that? I've stated this before that despite what you think this is not a sole BDSM site. Yes some people use the site for that reason exclusively...and that's fine! But when looking for a slave or a Mistress use some common sense and don't automatically assume that everyone here is for the same reason you are. Here's a novel idea how about actually looking in the slave/master area for a slave or Master/Mistress instead of just picking random people.

But don't stop reading right there because I'm not finished. At the very bottom of every sub-forum, there will be a list of people who are currently viewing the forum at the time, do not click on these people and randomly message them expecting them to consent to being a sub or a dom. Some getdare usernames are not set in stone of being of either gender or either role. Take my name for example. If you looked at my name for the first time could you honestly tell if I was a sub, Master, male, female? While some people would probably assume I'm a male, which you would be correct, who's to say that some woman also has a Komodo Dragon as their favorite animal and wants to convey that too? You'd probably be feel pretty embarrassed messaging some random person looking for a Mistress and it turns out that you messaged a man who is a sub.

Also another reason for not messaging these people. Three of my best friends are in some way associated with the BDSM universe yet right now they are not looking for a dominant or a sub at this point in time. But since they do show and interest in this category it makes sense that they may just want to read some of the ads or post ideas for punishments or what not. Just because they're in the area does not mean they are looking and I became friends with all three of these people, and only one of these people did I contact with intentions of being in a D/s relationship and that was only after they contacted me first when I posted an ad. The other two I built friendships with just being myself and not making any assumptions if anything was going to happen. I was able to suppress my hormones enough to view them as people and just install friendships with them before anything else. I believe these three people know who they are too and they can attest to this that not once, have I ever assumed that they are looking for someone as I have never made a move. If you're not sure this applies to you the three friends I'm talking about are female. But I'm sure they get enough traffic already so I'm not mentioning names.

So I've ruled out random people, and I've ruled out people who are just browsing the area, but there's still one more step before I end this entry. Those are ads. Now you're going to have to put a little effort into this, I know it's difficult but read the ad and the responses of the poster after. There are some possibilities that they have already found someone and they are no longer looking but nope people don't do this. Now I'm going to be referring to guys here but they see female dominant and/or female slave and post on the entry when the ad blatantly says "Send me a pm, if you post on this entry" I will not pay attention to you." Why is it so difficult to read an ad?! Unless you have a severe learning disability, how long is it going to take to read a long one 2-5 minutes? Yes there are a lot of first come, first serve people out there but if there is something that goes against what you're looking for or specific instructions to responding to this it's better to miss out on an opportunity than to look like an idiot.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 629 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments