Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

The Pet Peeve Series #3

Posted 06-07-2013 at 08:16 AM by Komodo Jones

You know a lot of times when I start these entries I often say that I have a hard time thinking of what peeve of mine to tackle next. It’s not because I can’t think of one but it’s more of a question of where do I even start? Yeah there’s that many things on this site that piss me off. Thankfully, through these past entries I’ve had some inspiration that has led me on where to go. My first entry in the series, I was able to talk about something very personal and important that was taken away from me by this problem. The second entry was inspired by a greatly appreciated individual who asked me a question and the answer to said question. This third entry was inspired also, but this time it was inspired by an idiot…This idiot has since been banned but not for the reason I’m about to talk about. My next pet peeve is…

Pet Peeve #3-I Know What You Really Wanters

Yes, wanters is not a word but I feel that this phrase best illustrates the problem. I know I’ve talked about this in a previous entry but I’m going to talk about it again, because people are not getting the message. One of the mods on the site gave one of the best responses ever to the question “If you met everyone on getdare in real life at the same, time, what would you do?” She responded with the wonderful answer of, “Probably smack them all upside the head and tell them to read the site rules.” For now, she will remain anonymous; she can take credit for saying that if she reads this post. Like I’ve said before I don’t single people out by name. I honestly wish that she could do that, well at least to the people who deserve it, as some people do need some common sense and knowledge slapped into them. So what is the situation from my standpoint and how was this inspired by an idiot? I’m getting to that.

This happened Monday afternoon as I was getting ready for a job interview. The job interview is not really all that important but I have a knack for details. As I’m getting ready my yahoo messenger notification for a new e-mail pops up and of course says from getdareforums: New Private Message. And any time I get that notification, except in rare occasions I hightail it to my e-mail or getdare to see what it is and who it’s from. This user said “Do you want a dare?” Now I am not one of those people who says, “I’m not looking for dares, I’m not looking for etc.” in my signature. Because I will take dares as long as they’re reasonable, and do not interfere with anything that my domme is having me do at the time. I do not however put the fact that in the BDSM realm I am spoken for in my signature. I mention that I am a very happy sub enough times I feel that I don’t have to, yet like the mod I’d like to slap some people who ask upside the head. I mean I’m a guy…who contacts a guy asking if they want a slave or a Master?!

So anyway I message this guy back and say, “Sure I’ll take a dare. You can find a link to the blog entry that has my likes and limits in my signature. KJ”

A couple of minutes later he dares me this, “I want you to take a naked picture of yourself, as well as a picture of you shitting on your bed and send it to I’[email protected]. That’s not the real address but it might as well be, because I explicitly said that my likes and limits can be found here. Yes it’s a long list because I have a lot of kinks and I like to be thorough but if he even took the time to look at this list he would’ve known that poo falls into my pushable hard limits. Now what does this mean? Pushable Hard Limits are things that I will usually not do under any circumstances but if I develop some trust with you, learn you are a good person, and if you coax me gently with baby steps into the fetish it MAY (key word; may) evolve into a soft limit. Regardless, if it’s pushable or not though, if the first dare you ever give to a person is a hard limit you’re obviously an idiot. Limits are there for a reason, and that reason is we won’t do them. Do you think we put those up just to take up space? We put them up there so that we don’t waste your time when you’re trying to come up with a dare for us to do. I was going to insult this person personally, with a pm but he was banned by the time I got back from my job interview, for a reason that I probably will not address in this series. I’m not sure on how I could expand on it at this time. So yes, I still had his e-mail address, but needless to say I didn’t send any pics to him. Only specific people, who I know and trust, and know have reasonable intelligence get access to my naughty pics.

I’ve said this before; I have no problem with accepting dares, but if you’re going to give me a dare, use one of these two options.
A) Read my likes/limits post and create your dare based on that.
B) If you have a specific dare in mind that you’d like to give me, check my likes/limits post and see if it violates one of my hard limits. If it does, tweak it or don’t ask it. Waste somebody else’s time.

This is also not the first time this has happened. A long time ago I asked for dares and posted my limits on the post. One of my limits is crossdressing in public. I don’t mind if it’s female underwear under my clothes but I don’t fully crossdress in public. Someone gives me a dare. “Go to a park and put a female outfit in a bag. Strip and put the female outfit on. ..KJ is not amused.

Listen up! You may think you know what a person wants more than what they know themselves, but you don’t! They know what they want, they know what their limits are, they expect you to actually use a brain cell and respect that. But no, these illiterate “geniuses” think that any dare that they give a person is going to be accepted. Most people who are asking for dares have limits listed in their post or signature. Take the ten seconds to read it instead of just blindly flying in to ask someone to do a dare you want them to do. And if they don’t have their limits listed, ask them! Most people will probably tell you.

When I give dares, I usually have one easy to go to dare but if that person has clothespins, nudity, or masturbation as one of their limits, I try to think of something else. So people, dare smartly, and read people’s limits. You’re making what should be a fun activity for us searching for dares, into a face palm that, like the mod said, is meant for upside your head so that you don’t end up looking like an idiot who skipped all his reading classes in elementary school.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 627 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I do wish that more people actually took the time to read. Sadly, this post will only be read by the people who actually read though. Bummer
    Posted 06-18-2013 at 11:20 AM by shynessincarnate shynessincarnate is offline