Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

I got a puppy!!!

Posted 05-22-2022 at 09:13 AM by Butterfly

For anybody who knows me to any degree, probably knows that I have always wanted a puppy. I even wrote a blog about it here.

However, for some reason the grown ups in my life have always voted against me and told me that I am not old enough (even though that is complete BS since I am a responsible grown up!) Instead, I have been blessed with three kitties, out Pasta Cats.

(Spaghetti, Fettucine & Penne)

But somehow, about a month ago, the stars aligned and Mr. Devious and I were presented with the opportunity to meet a 3 month old puppy that needed to be rehomed. He was a Chihuaha/Shitzu mix who was born on a reserve up North and manhandled a bit by the kids up there. He had been homed with an older couple with a 14 year old dog. However, the dog quickly realized that he didn't want a puppy and would rather just be left alone to live out the rest of his life in peace. And so we were offered the chance to meet him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meatball3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1022

When we met him we just melted. We were supposed to take him home for a weekend "trial" but we knew from the moment we saw him that he was ours. We have named him 'Meatball' to go with our Pasta Cats.

Some of the kitties took a bit of time to adjust to him. However, Penne and Meatball are best friends. They are partners in crime and have lots of fun playing. We like to call them Chewbaca and the Gremlin when they play because of the noises that they make. It is pretty funny.

He is so snuggly and comes to work with me every day. He is so little, at only 4 lbs (he was only about 3 lbs when we first got him). He curls up on my desk and sleeps until somebody comes into the office. I get many offers daily for people to take him home with them. He brings a smile to everybody's face.

Name:	Meatball2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1023

Meatball has been a bit of work, trying to house train him, and make sure that he has everything he needs, but I trained a worm and Mr. Devious, so I know that I can conquer this challenge too

He has brought so much joy into our lives over the past month and I am just so glad to finally have my snuggly little puppy.

Name:	Meatball 4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1024

I love him so so much, and he loves me too (and I guess he loves Mr. Devious too)!

Name:	20220327_161217.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1025
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 528 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Pets bring so much joy into our lives and it's always such great fun deciding what name to give a new pet, definitely chance for some creativity.

Completely true about the training as well, pets need to be house trained or they end up peeing everywhere and making a mess! Hopefully you manage to train him quickly.

Really like you've dressed up your new pet in different outfits (as well as naked with just a collar, that's a great idea.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tease View Comment
    Pets bring so much joy into our lives and it's always such great fun deciding what name to give a new pet, definitely chance for some creativity.

Completely true about the training as well, pets need to be house trained or they end up peeing everywhere and making a mess! Hopefully you manage to train him quickly.

Really like you've dressed up your new pet in different outfits (as well as naked with just a collar, that's a great idea.
    It sounds like you really should get a pet. Maybe a kitten or even a puppy. Something to keep your big bear feet warm at night.
  3. Old Comment
    your puppy is adorable!!!!
  4. Old Comment
    I've never seen anything so silly-cute!! (God, how I wish I had a small friend of my own! Alas, I can't even keep plants alive - never mind relationships...)
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cstelle View Comment
    I've never seen anything so silly-cute!! (God, how I wish I had a small friend of my own! Alas, I can't even keep plants alive - never mind relationships...)
    I can't keep a plant alive either. But animals make noise when they are hungry so that helps.
  6. Old Comment
    Meatball is absolutely the cutest! I'm glad that he is bringing joy into your life! x
    Posted 05-28-2022 at 03:18 PM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Ahw, they definitely have good puppy eyes!
  8. Old Comment
    He is soooooo cute!! Congrats and you are so lucky!! Very envious!