Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.

Foot Prison

Posted 09-14-2018 at 11:00 AM by Butterfly

My feet like to be naked. My toes like to be free. When I am at home, I am barefoot 95% of the time. Even when I sleep, my feet need to be sticking outside of my blankets.

I wear flip flops as soon as the weather turns warm enough in the spring. As a Canadian, this means as soon as it turns about 10c and the snow has mostly melted (usually around April). I wear them in the rain, on cold days, at night, as much as I can.

And in the fall, I will wear my flip flops until there is snow on the ground. In this part of Canada that could be December, but more likely it starts in September.

This week I wore flip flops when it was 2c and snow was threatening to fall. My toes were cold, but I was stubborn, and they remained free.

However, today is a sad day. Today it is only -2c. It is blustery and grey and cold and there is little snowflakes falling periodically.

This morning I had to sentence my feet to prison. I had to get up and put on a restrictive pair of socks. I had to hunt for the lace up confinements of my sneakers. I then had to plunge my very sad toes into the shoes and leave the house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_115450.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	666

As I write this, sitting at my desk at work, they are still confined to their prison. They are stuck together with barely any room to wiggle. I can almost hear them crying with sorrow, not knowing that they did to deserve this unjust treatment.

It's ok toes! In 15 minutes we will be on our way home. You WILL be free again!

Oh, and also an apology in advance to Mr. Devious since this now starts the season of my little socks being left all over the house.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2279 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Barefoot is the best! You are right, shoes are a foot prison!
  2. Old Comment
    Omg I open your blog and the first thing I see is toes pointing right at me!! You made my day Princess!!

But I totally agree that barefoot is best. I am barefoot at home 95% as well. I stick them from under the blanket as well.

Free the nipple!? Free the TOE more like!
    May your toes wiggle happy and free again soon!
  3. Old Comment
    So it's true then, one (wo)man's prison is another (wo)man's paradise..lol I mean if I could wear sneakers to work everyday, I would be delighted!!
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina@ View Comment
    So it's true then, one (wo)man's prison is another (wo)man's paradise..lol I mean if I could wear sneakers to work everyday, I would be delighted!!
    Nina in heels most of the week <3<3<3
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    Nina in heels most of the week <3<3<3
    And, now you're putting words in my mouth..lol

Aren't sneakers the most comfortable footwear ever invented, maybe I should incorporate it as an election promise to make it mandatory in all official meetings on getdare..
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:

Aren't sneakers the most comfortable footwear ever invented, maybe I should incorporate it as an election promise to make it mandatory in all official meetings on getdare..
    No! Sandals are the best! These should be mandatory not horrible sneakers.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Just fantasizing *.* <3
  8. Old Comment
    The first sentence of this blog entry made me think it was going to be a poem. :P

My feet like to be naked / My toes like to be free / When they're out of their foot prison / I'm happy as can be!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KittenLicks View Comment
    The first sentence of this blog entry made me think it was going to be a poem. :P

My feet like to be naked / My toes like to be free / When they're out of their foot prison / I'm happy as can be!
    Hehe, that would have been amazing!