Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

The Kink and I

Posted 05-19-2018 at 11:49 AM by Hammarling

"Mother look! The Prime Minister is naked!"
"Oh don't be ridiculous, Louis. He can't be all naked. He's only...
half naked..."

Points if you get quote above and the blog title! Anyway, this blog is here to explain where kink stands in my world. Hopefully it will shed some light on why i've taken breaks in the past, and will be a useful reference for people when i'm searching harder for a relationship.

In an earlier blog, Midnight Train Goin' Anywhere, i talked about how i discovered kink and getdare. So i can skip a lot of that. I've known and been into kink for about 9 years total now, and seriously into it for about 6-7 years. There's very few things in my life that i've been interested in for as long: motorsport, films, video games, cycling pretty much covers that list.

And yet kink so often comes third or fouth in my world. Unless i'm in a bdsm relationship i never proritise kink over anything else. BDSM and Kink and I have a complicated relationship...

The best way i can find to describe it: Kink is a part of me, but kink does not define me.
I will always be kinky and have this interest, but i am more than bdsm. My other passions of film, sport, music, cooking etc. are what define me. But because i have this realy kinky side i find it hard to stay away or make real relationships outside it.

Inevitably i'm drawn back and into this world, and getdare particularly. At times i've felt this is a bad thing. Not that i'm ashamed, just that i should be able to cope without kink.
But i could not cope without my music, or my films, or my sport. So i shouldn't have to cope without my kink either.

As part of my break i've come to a decision. I will embrace my kink, but i will have more command over it.
I will participate in more rounded discussions. Make better friends, not just come for play or partners. I will continue to learn more about my own kinks, and others.
Just like i have done with music, learning my own likes and others likes. Or films.

Kink is a part of me. So i should treat it as a part of me like i treat my other passions and personality drivers.

Thanks for reading and i hope that makes some sense
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1561 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments