Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

Little questionnaire for Switches

Posted 11-13-2022 at 07:22 PM by pluky
Updated 11-14-2022 at 02:57 PM by pluky

I already did some first Little questionnaire for Doms and Little questionnaire for Subs (there could be other ones in the future) and although both of them can be answered by Switches, I wanted to make some Switch specific questions, some of which might be inspired by my own experiences or feelings in the course of my own Switchness. Some of them might border on embarrassing / humiliating.

1- starting with a basic : are your both sides evenly distributed or is one of them stronger than the other, more frequent, more natural ?

2- if you had to give up one of the two sides forever or for a very longtime, which one would you gladly sacrifice to enjoy the other ?

3- do you feel more "skillful" at one, like you have a natural talent at it, and is it also the one that you enjoy the most ?

4- does going into a dominating headspace affect your submissiveness or your verbal demeanor towards your D type in a way that might might be considered less than desirable ?

5- would you feel humiliated if someone you're dominating saw you acting submissive towards a person dominating you ?

6- would you feel less convincing as a Dom/Domme if a submissive saw you in that inferior position ?

7- do you find that you end up transferring some of your dominant's choices and style onto your own Subs ?

8- when acting on your dominant side, do you ever feel in competition with your own Dom/Domme or mentally compare your skills to theirs ?

9- are you comfortable switching with the same partner, or do you prefer your Doms and Subs to be different people ?

10- how exactly do you switch ? For example do you have long periods of going with one side and forgetting about the other, or maybe you embrace both throughout the day everyday ?
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    1- starting with a basic : are your both sides evenly distributed or is one of them stronger than the other, more frequent, more natural ?

I very rarely feel like I want to dominate someone, so 95% of the time I want to be dominated.

2- if you had to give up one of the two sides forever or for a very longtime, which one would you gladly sacrifice to enjoy the other ?

If I was currently working and being constantly busy and exhausted, I feel like it might be really hard to honor my duties as a submissive as much as I would like to, in that situation it might be easier to give up that side and just stick with dominating as it's less taxing on the body and less time consuming imo, writing things for another person to do is just not the same as doing them, recording them, reporting, recovering, etc

But right now I have a lot of free time, so I would give up any dominating urges for the side that I enjoy the most, being dominated.

3- do you feel more "skillful" at one, like you have a natural for it, and is it also the one that you enjoy the most ?

I feel naturally good at being commanding and intimidating in that context, while I still need to work on how to be submissive and it doesn't really come to me easily while being the side that I enjoy the most.

4- does going into a dominating headspace affect your submissiveness or your verbal demeanor towards your D type in a way that might might be considered less than desirable ?

It can be hard to switch back to soft and respectful and inferior mode when you were giving out directions and being mean, you have to go down from your dom-pedestal and if you didn't already switch mindset before you interacted with your Dom, you can give off the wrong vibe and be called out for it and put back in your place, the experience can feel frustrating or humbling.

5- would you feel humiliated if someone you're dominating saw you acting submissive towards a person dominating you ?

I thought that I would feel mortified, but after I asked a Sub how he felt about submitting to a person who is a submissive themselves, and he told me that he considered himself as the lowest in the power chain if you will so he was fine with submitting to a Sub, that kind of made it see it as not so bad anymore. At least in theory. But I still feel like I wouldn't want anyone I'm dominating to see any of my submissive side, seeing me act or talk in a submissive way to someone else.

6- would you feel less convincing as a Dom/Domme if a submissive saw you in that inferior position ?

Yeah I feel like I would lose a bit of credibility and wouldn't come across the same way.

7- do you find that you end transferring some of your dominant's choices and style onto your own Subs ?

Yes I copied some little aspects.

8- when acting on your dominant side, do you ever feel in competition with your own Dom/Domme or mentally compare your skills to theirs ?

I don't think so but that's because my dominant was great.

9- are you comfortable switching with the same partner, or do you prefer your Doms and Subs to be different people ?

I prefer them to be separate people, I don't think I can switch like that and take the same person I was using very seriously as a dominant.

10- how exactly do you switch ? For example do you have long periods of going with one side and forgetting about the other, or maybe you embrace both throughout the day everyday ?

I go very long periods feeling only submissive, to have an urge to dominate once in a while.
    Updated 11-13-2022 at 07:46 PM by pluky
  2. Old Comment
    I think both sides are pretty evenly distributed. I do tend to say that being submisive feels more natural. When I submit then I naturally recharge. Domming takes effort and it can drain me.

I think I would give up being a Domme.

3- do you feel more "skillful" at one, like you have a natural talent at it, and is it also the one that you enjoy the most ?
    I think I am more skilled at being a Domme. I am good at keeping thing organized, micromanaging, caretaking, being creative, and just in general being devious but responsible. I tend to feel like a bad sub at times because I fight against submitting. It takes a lot for me to trust enough so I can truly submit to somebody.

4- does going into a dominating headspace affect your submissiveness or your verbal demeanor towards your D type in a way that might might be considered less than desirable?
    Sometimes it can be hard to switch mentally back to a submissive headspace, and that can make me be brattier at times but overall my Dom partner makes me feel submissive naturally so it is easier to keep that separate.

No, the fact that my sub saw me being submissive isn't humiliating. However, my submissive side is very vulnerable and private. I likely wouldn't show it easily.

Not at all. My partners know I am a switch and are encouraging of my sub side., Also, I command control pretty well.

7- do you find that you end up transferring some of your dominant's choices and style onto your own Subs ?
    I mean sometimes I can get inspiration from their tasks or orders, but usually I just do my own thing.

8- when acting on your dominant side, do you ever feel in competition with your own Dom/Domme or mentally compare your skills to theirs?
    Never.

No, I need to keep my two sides seperate. Usually somebody will naturally make me feel submissive OR dominant.

I have separate partners. I follow rules of my own, and my sub follows his own rules. I can easily do both at the same time most of the time.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I tend to feel like a bad sub at times because I fight against submitting. It takes a lot for me to trust enough so I can truly submit to somebody.

I relate with this a lot, sometimes I see all these people being easily submissive to any random person on the site who deems to give them an order... and I think what is wrong with me, why am I so complicated xD
  4. Old Comment

I would definitely say I leant to the submissive side (maybe 80% sub and 20% dom). When I first started in the realms of kink I was interested in people telling me what to do and following their instructions. I liked the unknown of what was going to be asked of me and not knowing what was going to happen next and losing control. The more I got into this I started to enjoy playing games with others to determine who was going to be the dom (forfeit games). I do like being a dom, but I feel my submissive side is more natural to my character and suits me better.

I would almost certainly give up the dom side and go back to just being submissive. Perhaps this is because I don’t do as much domming, but I find being submissive is more natural to me.

I don’t know if I would say I was more skilful at one. When you are in sub mode you just do what you are told and do your best to follow along. If the person being the dom is good then this doesn’t necessarily have to be too difficult (sometimes the dom will just be stupid and say “strip off in the middle of town and walk through a busy shopping centre” or “jerk off in front of your flat mate”, these are clearly almost impossible so can’t be done), however there is a skill in being able to follow instructions and I feel as though and can do well when given good tasks. In terms of skills I feel as though I can come up with some good tasks as a dom (more than what a lot of people just do by saying “edge 10 times”), so I would possibly say I was more skilful at being a dom.

I think I might have had the opposite effect for me. Having done some more domming I better realise how I want to be treated so try to replicate this when I am a sub. Now when I am a sub I will try and replicate the verbal and physical attributes I would want my sub to have.

I wouldn’t think so, for me being a sub or a dom is about how you behave to the other. If I couldn’t submit to my dom, regardless of what I might see them doing to someone else, I wouldn’t be a good sub. I would expect any sub of mine to have the same attitude and this might in fact be a good test of how good they are at being a sub. I appreciate though how others might find this difficult as the relationship between a sub and a dom can be quite personal so seeing dom more submissive could affect that.

Again similar to question 5, I would like to think not. I would be domming that particular sub and would try to not let anything else I might be doing get in the way.

Yes, sometimes a dom will come up with a task that I might really enjoy (or find particularly humiliating/fun) and I will want to try that out on a sub. Every dom will have their own style but it is always good to take inspiration from places you can find it.

I don’t think so. Sometimes I can be a bit jealous of a dom and how they can keep coming up with interesting ideas/tasks, but I would never say I was in competition with them. I would always try to make sure one dom/sub relationship wouldn’t interfere with another.

Yes, very much so. Sometimes I have found the best fun is had when you switch places and the other person becomes the dom/sub. There can be an interesting dynamic when you know you might swap places, especially if you don’t know how long each dom session will last and you might end up the sub again.

Normally it has been via a game (dice, connect4,…), this way there isn’t a schedule to it and whoever wins a game will become the dom and the loser submits to them. I have found this to be good fun as you never know who will be the dom right up until the last moment. Some games can be skill based, but others can be random chance meaning you both can have equal chance of wining. There have been some games however where is the loser loses by a particularly large margin they will submit for a longer time (sort of an extra punishment).