Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Stick to your rules (as long as it is healthy)

Posted 03-20-2020 at 04:46 AM by CSasha

Hello folks, dear readers and friends,

Very recently I had a brief reminder about play and rules again. Last times it was more about overdoing it and taking care of yourself. This time it's not about sticking to rules not only as a paragraph to stick to the rules.

I put up a new add thread, free-for-all this time. So everyone can make a promise there about what to do controlled by others, in this case via posts. And of course, when we make such a promise, we want others to exploit and add, be a little bit mean. Pretty much like PM dares. Why have them if nobody uses them on us? And we want them to be mean, at least a little bit, but on the other hand, not too much. It needs to be possible.

So actually, adding in an add thread, or giving PM dares, isn't really mean but helpful and supportive, in a certain way. The fun of it though is exactly that playful pretend that we are abused and abusing. Playful because it's all under the umbrella of consent. But without the pretend, on the other hand, it's only half the fun, if at all.

So don't break the immersion as long as you don't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn's Handbook draft
Immersion, as we use the term here, is intended to mean the engagement or involvement a person feels as a result of playing a digital game. A more colloquial expression would be to say that a person feels as if they are "in the game" and as such immersion has parallels with the idea of being immersed in water. This term is widely used by players and reviewers alike though very much in a casual, colloquial sense but clearly as a positive component of any gaming experience.
When you add to your own misery yourself too often and too obvious, and don't care too much about what tasks and dares others put onto you, it's neither a struggle nor a challenge. Deep inside, we all know you can do to you as much and as worth as you like (and reject any of our demands). But, don't show us. Give us the control, don't take it back as long as you want to continue to play.

Giving control means you also let others decide what NOT to do, partially at least. It's a bit like currency: if you print plenty of currency for yourself, the same currency you give away is worth way less.

When you set up rules, stick to them. Don't change them unless needed. If you do change or expand them, explain the change and its reasons, so we understand it was necessary or in support to the fun, and not to strangle you further because it wasn't hard enough for you.

Better go too easy than too hard. When you go easy, and want it harder, you most often
  • Finish the easy tasks quick
  • Proove your commitment with completing whatever others gave you within the rules and limits
  • Gain experience about the difficulty of things you tried
  • Can start a new, more difficult game involving your learnings early enough

Just have a little patience and be persistent with what you agreed to.

P.S.: If you think this is based on my experience with you, you may be partially right, but you did nothing wrong at all. Everyone inspires me, especially the ones playing with me. Thank you for that
Views 1608 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think you are absolutely right. That's why I strive to be honest and communicate with whomever I am taking dares, tasks, or orders from.

There have been times where I wasn't able to continue. I used to take that very hard. However, the moment, I realized that at the end of the day, it isn't healthy for me to do that, that I need to trust myself, so I can trust others.

At the end of the day, progress and growth aren't always straight lines, and that's okay. ^^
  2. Old Comment
    It's good advice. Regarding rules, I want to be controlled lots. If I feel like I'm free to just do whatever, it's not as much control, to me... That said I do struggle with following everything at times which I can get punished for. But having something boring and easy isn't fun either.
    Posted 03-29-2020 at 04:06 AM by MischievousKitten MischievousKitten is offline