Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

A Serious Question about Me and the Bible

Posted 02-24-2010 at 08:07 PM by lokelake

Everyone's opinion is welomed!

Is it wrong of me to say that to me the Old Testament in the bible is boring? Because to me, I consider that part pretty boring.

I find the New Testament way more interesting.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1202 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I find all of the Bible boring and filled with rubish really. More then half of the stories in it are not backed up by general facts like time and actual eye witnesses. Finally science wise the whole bible is fake and unable to have actually happened
  2. Old Comment
    Alright, fair enough. But this was not meant to be debatable. I just wanted to seek others opinions about what I said about the Old T.
  3. Old Comment
    I like the old testament P: if I still remember which is which...
  4. Old Comment
    Its perfectly fine with me for you to say that. I find almost all of the bible boring but i still believe all of it. And not trying to start arguments with MG but I dont expect you to believe the bible is true (I wish you did) but the bible has as much validity as any other book or writing from that time period. So if your going to completely throw out the bible your also going to have to throw out a considerable amount of information you believe to be true.
  5. Old Comment
    I haven't read it so correct me if I'm wrong.

The Bible is written in statements such as "This happened. And then this happened. Next, this happened and this man did this."

The Bible isn't a sci-fi action thriller - it's a book of listed happenings. So, going by this, it's not wrong to find it boring.

A bit random but, Loke, you know I'm a die hard DW fan. But I find certain stories within the show awful and boring and shit. I'm still, overall, a fan.

So even though you find part of the Bible boring, you can still be a Christian and it doesn't make you any less of a person. And at least you're being honest
    Posted 02-25-2010 at 11:16 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Your question is wrong, in my opinion.

Is it right for you to think that the old Testament is boring? Yes it is. The same way it's right for you to think the new Testament is not.

And the same way it is right for MetalGreek to think that the Bible's stories cannot be taken at face value because they contradict scientific fact.

Opinions are opinions. They are neither good nor bad.

You like a book or you don't.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dune, even though I found it heavy and convoluted. It's an opinion, and I'm entitled to it.
  7. Old Comment
    The old testament rocks ! thats the one with the big boat and the whale!