Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

Time zones suck!

Posted 01-05-2021 at 11:55 AM by Butterfly

Over half of my D/s relationships have taken place, largely online, so I am used to having the challenge of working with different time zones. I have successfully dealt with differences as little as 1 hour and up to 18 hours.

It is manageable if you have compatabile schedules and work together to overcome some of the challenges. However, there are some serious disadvantages at time.

One of the biggest disadvantages is that I am sometimes I have to sleep (albeit some people say I never sleep) while my sub is completing tasks or instructions that I have given them. For the most part this goes pretty smoothly, but when something goes wrong, it sucks not to be there for them.

This morning I woke up to messages from one my subs. I have given him instructions to complete when he was done dinner. We had talked out the logistics and it was something we had done previously so neither of us expected any trouble. However, things went terribly wrong and he had to safeword.

I am a huge advocate for safewords, even with online relationships. I am so proud of my sub for using the safeword when he did. Normally when a sub safewords, their Dom is there with them to reassure them, hold them (virtually even), and make sure that they are ok physically, mentally and emotionally.

It was about 2 am for me when he started to message. Normally I would have been up and would have responded. It hurt my heart to read the panic in his messages, the self doubt, the emotional struggle he was going through. He offered up the worst punishments he could think of (including glitter) in order to make up for failing me. I teared up as I read his words this morning.

Of course, by the time I was awake, he was already asleep. I sent reassuring messages just in case he woke early and saw them. And then I had to wait - a ball of anxiety sitting in my chest. I was so relieved to hear his sleepy voice on the phone when he called moments after waking up.

Time zones suck! It is bad enough that I can't hold my partners when they are hurting, that I can't touch them. But it is just cruel and heart wrenching when I have to sleep while they are still awake in the world getting into situations that hurt them! Nobody or anything else should be allowed to hurt them! MINE!

Anyways, rant over.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1033 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It was tough, but I knew you'd message once you were up.
    Posted 01-06-2021 at 07:42 PM by Searchingslave510 Searchingslave510 is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Yes times zones suck indeed!
    Mainly I’ve been talking with people in America or Australia recently, Europe seems to have done a bit of a nosedive on this site...at least from who I’ve been able to chat with haha!

During the holiday it was okay, I just changed my sleep pattern to adjust, but now I’m back at work...well it sucks and it’s hard to have the fun I was having here during that time!