Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

First Day of Classes

Posted 09-08-2009 at 05:13 PM by Komodo Jones

To prove to Lil' Angel that I can write about something in my blog that is not bdsm related I am writing this entry. ...OK I'm done.
Just kidding, today I finally started classes and I knew that I made a big mistake scheduling three of my classes on Tuesday and Thursday so today was a long day. I had intro into short story writing first thing, and our teacher took no time before she had used the f word. Now when I'm talking to people I swear. I'm not saying I've become desensitized to profanity because I haven't but to me it just seems very unprofessional when a teacher swears. Also on my way to class, I tripped going up the stairs. Thankfully, no one was around to see me. And to make matters worse. Some college teachers usually have index cards or something to put on our desk as nametags. Our teacher did the same thing but it has a cute little puppy dog on it...what are we in elementary school again?! So until she learns our names we're going to have those things on our desk.
After that class, I went to my TR class which I thought was going to be the most boring class of the day and I was write. The class is British Texts of the 20th Century. The reason it is so boring is because not only is our teacher very unexciting but she also insists on incorporating Britain's history in with the curricullum. Now I have nothing against that as some of my very good friends, including my first slave, are from the UK but history has always been my worst subject and well...it bores me. And of course we're starting out with poetry...blegggh.
We got out of that class earlier than we're supposed to so I was able to grab a quick lunch break before having to head to my next class which is Comparative Studies of Non-Western Religions. In short we'll be comparing religions such as Hinduism, Zen, Shamanism etc. to monotheistic (Having only one god) religions. Our teacher asked us a lot of weird questions and some of the stuff he said made no sense. I'm hoping to learn more as we actually get into the real curricullum.
After that class was done I went to the bookstore and got my books for my first three classes. It cost me $151.52 cents and as many college students like myself know books are expensive but this was actually a pretty good deal seeing as I had to get seven books. That's about $21.60 per book and that is an exceptional buy for college textbooks.
Then as soon as I got home, I got about half an hour to relax before I had to go up to mow my grandma's lawn. Thankfully she has a riding mower so it doesn't take that long to do that. She took me out to dinner afterwards and then I came back here and am writing my blog.
Also last night, no surprise there, my parents got on my nerves. They were at an airport that was about an hour away from our house, so I had to drive up there with my grandma, and of course I ended up getting lost. Part of the reason for this is because it was dark, it was downpouring, and the defroster was on and when heat hits my eyes, it makes me sleepy. Also I don't like to drive long distances unless I have an incentive like one of the many lovely ladies who is on this site. No one in particular, just commenting that we have a lot of pretty women on this site. Back on track though, I didn't plan on driving back because I knew it would take longer if I drove. My father apparently had other plans and made me drive home. I will say at least my grandmother tried to stick up for me. This was not my smartest move by my dad. It's 12:30 a.m., I have to get up for classes tomorrow at 8:30 a.m., mom and dad get to sleep in because they don't have anywhere to go and they can take naps where my chemistry does not allow me to. So in short, I was about ready to clobber my dad. So yeah.
In other news, my cat has been found. She was actually found the same day she was lost, sorry I didn't update that sooner. I didn't clarify something. Our cat is an indoor cat so she doesn't explore like many outdoor cats do. So that's why I was so concerned about her missing. But apparently my cat is very good at playing hide and seek because an hour after I thought that she had escaped outside I heard her faint meow. I checked all the windows since I had left them open, they had screens on them. I looked up the stairs and there she was at the top of the stairs as clear as can be. So she was upstairs the whole time and all I could say was "Where the hell was she hiding?!" But yeah that's it.
See Lil' Angel I can make an entry with very little references to bdsm so booyah!
Komodo Jones
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 618 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Poetry AND history?! Oh dear lord, I feel for you.
    (I used to love History in secondary school but that's because I had fun teachers. I couldn't cope with it now.)
    Posted 09-09-2009 at 03:03 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline