Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

A Break, Then The Return

Posted 05-18-2018 at 01:04 PM by Hammarling

So i've had a little break from GetDare, and kink in general. It's been really refreshing in many ways and something that was overdue. Here i just wanted to talk through some reasons why i had to step away, and what's different with this return.

Lets go back in time, all the way to August last year! For the few months prior i'd been back in kink and really enjoying things and taking it far more seriously than ever.
An incredible girl got in contact with me in August. We spent a few weeks exchanging tons of super long and detailed PM's. Moved onto Kik and continued to get to know each other.
She was so different to anyone i'd met here before, something really good! We were building up a fantastic friendship and relationship. She had had some bad experiences in the past so i was taking it slowly and carefully to build a real trust and relationship.

Things were great for a few months there. Then she dumped me right before new year. Caught me completely by surprise and really hurt me.
To make things less painful i dived harder into kink and GetDare than ever. I stumbled upon an old contact and we got chatting and started up a very casual Dom/Sub relationship.
Very casual, just a few messages here and there with tasks and chat. Nice and simple, but very fun.
Due to the time of year, i.e. exams, she had to stop. Shame but not a major personal blow.

But through these two relationships, which meant the past 9months or so i've been 'in' a BDSM relationship of some sort, i have come to understand what i really want and need from a BDSM relationship.

So why take a break? Before trying to get another relationship up and running there were a few things to sort out.
1) Making sure i was really certain on what i wanted.
2) Sort out my job situtation, i.e. get a new one
3) Get the rest of my interests and life stabilised. The past 2 years have been rather all over the place.

Break handaled. I visited family for a few days, read a couple of books, checked out a few new films. Generally just kicked back a bit and had a little "me time". And importantly reconected with some old friends and interests.

The long story short: I'm coming back to the site with new energy, new expectations and a new me!
What does this mean? I'll be putting up new personal Ad's. I'll get back into blog writing. I'll be more involved in chat and threads!

Granted almost all of this is probably of no interest to 99.9% of people, but it's always nice for me to get some thoughts written out regardless. And it is a useful resource to point back to in future conversations. I also apologise if some of that is a little vague, but i didn't want to waffle for ages or speak for others thoughts.

Anyway. Glad to be back and refreshed
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2283 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am happy to have you back! Good luck in your search.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am happy to have you back! Good luck in your search.
    Thanks! Means a lot to me
    I'm not rushing to a search just yet, taking my time to construct a proper Ad and approach