Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > RainbowSky

Rate this Entry

Help for blog posts

Posted 10-05-2017 at 09:08 PM by RainbowSky

Hey everyone,

As some of you will know I got really good at using my blog and posting every day for a while. I'd previously managed to do every two days as well and then it kind of stops for ages!

I know its because things quieten down and day-to-day life, or at least mine, becomes repetitive and therefore it seems usual to blog about it.

However I want to keep using my blog, posting regularly - maybe not every day, but every two or three. So I'm looking for help from you fantastic bloggers that are on this site.

How do you decide what to write?
What do you write about?
Should it always be about the sexual/kinky side or can it be about general life/rants/complaints?
Any suggestions for what I should write about?

My BF has suggested opening a thread on here to get ideas for things to blog about, kind of like the series of blog posts I did last year. But I'm also nervous that the topics will get repetitive or I won't know enough about it.

He also suggested looking for a master who would set tasks and challenges to me that would make day-to-day life different and easier to blog about, but I've tried to find people previously and it's just not worked out, either because they haven't known how to be a good master, or because I haven't been ready to fully submit.

Any advice on these two topics would also be gratefully received.

Thanks
Skye
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2543 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Blogging every day runs the risk of people getting bored of "Oh there she goes again," unless there is a daily report or a particular reason to do so. The better bloggers, in my opinion, can blog once or twice a week, or skip a few weeks altogether. Sometimes the break makes it better for the blog reader, I have genuinely smiled when I see a blog by one of the people I like after a long absence.

To a point I agree with your boyfriend. Doing tasks and challenges does have the advantage of giving you something particular to blog about. But there is no particular need to find a Dom to do that with. There are dozens of challenge threads, dare threads and interesting people to consider. The subby share the burden thread, tease and denied, spank threads to name but a few. You might find that as you start to do and report on these challenges you make more actual friends on the site. From there it may or may not happen you find someone you click with, and if so it is something based on knowing each other rather than just a random coupling. The chatrooms can also be a good way of meeting and getting to know gd users. Yes, the majority of the people in there are idiot trolls, but there is a core of good people running through it.

Picking a topic can be the most difficult part. But inspiration is all around, on getdare and your everyday life. It doesnt always have to be kinky, just real. Keep it honest, let your own personality shine through what you write. Don't worry about not being an expert on any subject, just dont pretend to know more than you do. Some of the best blogs I have seen on here have been discussions or people asking for advice.

Above all, don't stress it. Write for pleasure, not obligation, and every blog will be a pleasure to read.