Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Office's Avatars

Come here to see all of Officelover's favorite things as his avatar.

I guarantee a laugh.
Rate this Entry

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Posted 08-07-2010 at 08:18 AM by Officelover

A Midsummer Night's Dream is truly my favorite of Shakespeare's works. It is non-stop hilarity with wonderful writing, puns, fairies, magic, and overall wit, humor, and cleverness. I always enjoy a production of it. I've seen at least five different stage versions. I own the recent movie, and I've seen two other filmed versions. Honestly, I cannot get tired of seeing a good performance of Midsummer.

I am writing this because only yesterday did I see an extremely good production, at a local theater. For those of you who haven't seen it either because you're afraid to grapple with Shakespeare or because you simply haven't gotten around to it, I highly reccomend it to you.

LINKS: (Only yous can defeat Ganon.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night's_Dream
http://shakespeare.mit.edu/midsummer/full.html
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3186 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hmm...

I'm not a huge fan of Midsummer Night's Dream- Generally I prefer the tragedies over the comedies- but among the comedies I like both As you like it and Twelfth Night more.

I do love Oberon and Titania and their argument- but for me the main four characters are all just so... annoying. Demetrius and Lysander are as wimpy and pathetic as each other- and Hermia and Helena are just so spineless and soppy. I would much rather it were written as tragedy and they all ending up killing each other- would seem much more fitting.

Despite this- the rude mechanicals are good- and the performance of Pyramus and Thibse is an absolutely excellent scene.
  2. Old Comment
    Really? To tell you the truth, I think Shakespeare is a better comedic writer than he is a tragic writer. I don't know. Midsummer has always been my favorite.
  3. Old Comment
    i read midsummer in school i only found the bottom bit funny with the name but besides that not a big shakespear fan