Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

A new kind of pain

Posted 10-30-2018 at 11:06 AM by Bloxo

Tonight I tried something new...I joined a colleague at the gym and attended a spin class...

Now I haven't ridden a bike in about 20 years, I smoke and don't always eat the healthiest food...

So this ended up being very difficult for me, it was about 45 minutes with exercises starting from a minute casual cycling, then a minute of intense cycling followed by a minute of standing while cycling, I struggled but am proud to say I made it through the whole class and am even signed up to do another tomorrow.

Part of what I need to do now to sort my life out is getting in shape, so this was a good first step for me, I want to get into a routine, be a fitter person and maybe make up for all the sitting down and smoking I've excessed in over time.

But right now my legs are sore, my arms are aching and sitting down never felt so good, I think tonight will be a good sleep for a change and I hope I can build on this as I go...

Next step eating better!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1375 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Coach says: this pain will get worse for a while, maybe up to 48 hours (!) then get better. Next time be sure to cool down with walking and stretching afterward, and some people find that laying down and "bicycling" or "windmilling" your legs up in the air helps to get blood and combustion products flowing out of them and out of those muscles, while bringing in a good flow of fresh oxygenated blood. (AND: You will wake up sore - try to warm up and stretch just a bit, to avoid getting stiff and achy.)
  2. Old Comment
    When I get sore from working out only working out again the next day makes the soreness go away! And of course never skip stretching, I know it is boring as hell, but it helps!
  3. Old Comment
    Returned to the gym today, 5 minutes running, 10 rowing and 20 cycling...going to build on that each time, not as tired out as before, but I think this was a milder workout