Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average.

Unconditional love?

Posted 02-13-2019 at 01:05 PM by AbusiveMaster

Icy and I had a conversation this afternoon in which she told me she loved me unconditionally, and this proved she loves me more (an old and ongoing argument.)

I do not love her unconditionally, and nor does she return this, she is just simply wrong, but this we can forgive as she isn't very bright.

Unconditional love shouldn't exist unless you are a dog. The closest example a human being can experience is the love a parent holds for a child, but even this is not unconditional, the conditions are just stretched a lot farther when dealing with your children – even here there are limits.

Love should be dependant, conditional. It should depend on how the other person treats you, how they make you feel. It should be constantly re-earned and forever re-evaluated. Otherwise you take a look ten years down the line and realise that everything went horribly wrong and you didn't even see it sneaking up on you.

Dear Icy, love me conditionally. Every day I want you to look and see that I treat you as you deserve to be treated. Make sure I value you and cherish you. Be certain that you continue to feel safe, loved, protected. Ensure that we have a relationship, a partnership, that I do not take from you more than I give, nor expect from you more than I provide.

This is the standard to which I want to be held accountable, and the standard to which I hold you.

Fuck unconditional.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3491 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love this. I believe in conditional love as well. I believe that unconditional love can be hazardous. I 100% believe that love should only be given to those who earn it.
  2. Old Comment
    Shut up and take all my agreement.
  3. Old Comment

* standing ovation *
    Posted 02-13-2019 at 01:18 PM by Faithfullyyours Faithfullyyours is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Love this post. Well played, sir, well played.
  5. Old Comment
    This is correct. Unconditional love is a very bad way to go.

Take some extra agreement.
  6. Old Comment
    Unconditional is an obsession. An unhealthy way to be. More of a mental disorder.

Remain conditional!
  7. Old Comment
    I think you misunderstood me. If you didn't treat me right, if you abused or hurt me or did something truly unforgivable, if you beat me without consent etc, I would not stay with you. I would not respect you. I would not like you. I would never trust you again. I would be gone.

But a part of me would always love you. For all the good things we had, for all the help and support you gave, for the amazing you that I knew.
  8. Old Comment
    I vote for unconditional love. Don't mistake love with relationship. That's another thing.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment
    I think you misunderstood me. If you didn't treat me right, if you abused or hurt me or did something truly unforgivable, if you beat me without consent etc, I would not stay with you. I would not respect you. I would not like you. I would never trust you again. I would be gone.

But a part of me would always love you. For all the good things we had, for all the help and support you gave, for the amazing you that I knew.
    ACTUALLY ... this almost changed my mind. However ... although I still care about my ex, I can genuinely say that I fell out of love with him. He mistreated me for so long that it overshadowed all of the things I loved in him.
  10. Old Comment
    Ice Maiden, maybe this will help bolster your concept with terms: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...50194815191259. So do you mean eros has some element of storge for you because emotionally he is now family in a lasting sense? ♡
    Posted 02-13-2019 at 06:43 PM by Faithfullyyours Faithfullyyours is offline
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    The closest example a human being can experience is the love a parent holds for a child
    I could have said this exactly!
    I have always found unconditional love to be such an odd idea. Same as love at first sight. There's lust at first sight, but not love I don't think.
  12. Old Comment
    Unconditional love is true and I don't think it's a bad thing. I also always agree with Icy.