Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

Clumsy at work after night of BDSM

Posted 11-30-2023 at 07:04 PM by pluky

Is it common or to be expected to struggle focusing after having somewhat intense play the previous night ?

I'm relatively new to being an online Sub 24/7, and just starting to learn to gradually balance it with work life (didn't work when I first started), play has been introduced very slowly and progressively so this is all quite new.

Two days ago I was feeling great the next morning after my last session, however at work I was clumsy in a way that's very unlike me, making a mistake when counting was still ok, but then I even forgot the chest open, one that contains a very big amount of cash.

This could have went seriously wrong for me, thankfully it all went well and I realized my mistake fast enough, but I was really baffled that my brain could have done this, I sat at the desk holding my head in pure disbelief and disappointment with myself, although my manager later reassured that it happened to literally each one of them even after years at the job.

The kind of "my brain is not really all there" state I realized I was in is very similar to me on my bad PMS/periods, however I'm in the midst of my best time of the month. It seems as tho having had a session put me in a similar hormonal mess ? I don't really know what happened. Again I was feeling great, and I wasn't that distracted either, my brain was just not doing its job.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hi! I think I may be able to shed some light on this. Before we jump right to, 'It must be the bdsm that did it.' Think about other external factors that might have had a bigger impact. Sleep, water, and food are the big three. If you haven't had proper amounts of those that will definitely play a role in bimbo brain. Aside from that, it could potentially be because of an intense session. Edging, or orgasms can definitely mess with your hormonal imbalance if everything else seems like it was normal.

All that to say it could just be cum brain which is also perfectly natural! I'm not a doctor, but if the problem persists I would get checked out by one! Stay safe BDSMers!
  2. Old Comment
    I am always self aware of these kinds of factors (food sleep water) having been a gym addict in my past it's like second nature, so if it was any of those I would have naturally noticed, besides that, I resist much better to those things and stay focused even when starving but nothing messes me up like my period does, it's a type of clumsiness where I don't even feel it until I see what I did, or I'm like an elephant in a china shop, very similar to what I had last time when I suspected it was something to do with hormones. And yes to be honest, 24 h before this there was some edging and orgasm and a lot of other things that we're not used to involve since I started working.
  3. Old Comment
    If you feel like there weren't any changes other than your session, then yes. It could very well be hormones or even body chemistry changes! (Edging and orgasms can really spike endorphin levels) The good and the bad of it is this may go away with more time and practice or could be how your body reacts and there is little you can do besides not having those types of sessions while you work
  4. Old Comment
    Totally agree with the support here. I might point out, maybe compare it to having run a marathon or something other extreme. It's exhausting when it happens, you do aftercare, and you plan in time to process and recover, might sometimes it might not be enough to not affect the next work day, however far that is delayed. I would be more worried if that state continues without another session.

I have had similar days at work without a session, really being totally beside me. It's good when you notice, and it helps to tell your colleagues: hey, having one of my worse days today.

Take care and keep an eye on it

Wish you the best
  5. Old Comment
    Another take on this is that you were just really happy the next day. Yes that is a side effect of the session, but it’s not directly related to hormones or body chemistry. Just like one can get distracted when they are upset or sad, happy can make your mind wander too. You have said you have had struggles in the past. Maybe the fact the this session went so well and you are generally feeling good about your progress in general just put you in a good mood and your mind wandering. If so, I would t worry about it too much, at least until you have a track record of a couple of times.
  6. Old Comment
    I loved the happy theory, there was something wholesome about it ♥
  7. Old Comment
    The day after the night before can be a struggle, your mind might be distracted with thoughts and feelings from over-stimulation and your body's release of the "feel-good" chemicals dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins that can make it difficult to concentrate on work.

The desire to have more BDSM can be distracting too, thinking about when you might get to experience it again, can be very much like an addiction - when can get my next fix?

Getting a good night's sleep is important and trying to find a good life balance, like limiting intense BDSM sessions to Friday/Saturdays so they don't impact your work and you don't get too addicted to the rush.
  8. Old Comment
    The thing is I wasn't thinking of anything else than work when I made those mistakes. Hence why I compare it to when I have my PMS or period, it's a specific type of clumsiness where it just seems my brain misses things, even tho I'm totally focused on what I'm doing.