Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > andrew_b

Rate this Entry

No one will read (but sure why not)

Posted 03-29-2021 at 04:20 PM by andrew_b

I'll just start by saying that I use this blog and to an extent this site to expel a lot of frustrations with the modern world

I write this knowing that there is a strong possibility that no one will read it. It's why this is a good space to show what I think

Everyone has an opinion these days but mine isn't righteous. Don't believe me?

This site has done a lot for me, not so much in recent years but a good decade ago. It helped me learn, I'm glad that the people that were around then weren't the same level of jaded that we have now

I'm in my thirties and definitely sound out of step but here is my gripe. We need to listen more to those of experience because the people I met might have been, let's face it anything.

This kind of caution has taken over and I don't blame it but it upsets me. This world is a scary place but it shouldn't be

FYI I'm here for anyone who wants someone like I had when I first joined this site. Feel free to send me a message, I don't care how silly it might be. I'll respond
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1651 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I read this! And I would love to find people with more experience that I can learn from.
  2. Old Comment
    What are you saying here exactly Andrew? You mean the overall quality of the members has decreased? Or the majority of the current members is lacking in experience?

And yes, it's a scary world. I'm not sure anyone is able to turn that around. (unfortunately)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wolf007 View Comment
    What are you saying here exactly Andrew? You mean the overall quality of the members has decreased? Or the majority of the current members is lacking in experience?

And yes, it's a scary world. I'm not sure anyone is able to turn that around. (unfortunately)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    It's not specific to getDare. Although I find that is one of the worst places for it, there is no longevity with people you meet online these days
  4. Old Comment
    Hello,
    I am very new, but just wanted to say thanks for caring about others in what increasinly seems a shallowly connected world. I think andrew b is correct. Longevgity has decreased because people can easily flit between many many sites, apps ect, the second something requires effort or comitment. Easier to start over than stick with something. Glad you want to put forth the effort to be there for people! All the best!
    My 1.5 cents.
    T
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    This kind of caution has taken over and I don't blame it but it upsets me. This world is a scary place but it shouldn't be.
    My mind seems to be doing this to me as well. Sad but true.
    I've started on the second half of my thirties and the caution, fear maybe even, seems to slowly take more ground in many areas. I hope to be able to turn this around still, for myself, but also, hope others find a way to do the same