Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Butterfly Boogers

Posted 03-06-2019 at 07:00 AM by Butterfly
Updated 03-06-2019 at 08:57 PM by Butterfly

A former friend of mine suggested that I write this very blushy blog about my boogers. You can see the suggestion and make your own in my thread.

So ... *rolls eyes* ... here it is ...

When I was a kid, I, like a lot of youngins' loved to pick my nose. When I was about three, this fascination grew to an obsession. My mom said the worms "stop picking your nose" multiple times a day.

One night I was sitting on the stairs, looting for gold in my nose, when my aunt caught me. She yelled at me to go find a kleenex. But I had just found the mother of all boogers. A real juicy one. It was just hanging out on my finger. I pouted and started to stomp up the stairs to get a stupid kleenex.

All of a sudden my mom and aunt hear an ear splitting wail. The whole ugly cry package. They thought I was dying. They rushed up the stairs, thinking they would find blood, or major injuries. Instead, they found me, howling, crying giant aligator tears. They could see nothing visibly wrong with me, so I was scooped up in my aunts arms and was asked what was wrong.

With my bottom lip quivering, tears in my eyes and my finger held out, I explaimed "I lost my booger!"

This story is told at every family gathering. It used to embarrass the hell out of me, but now I am immune to it.

However, topics like farts, vomit and boogers still make me uncomfortable. Gross boy things to talk about. I would much rather hide than talk about it ... but the other day I made the mistake of randomly blurting out to MastersVoice that blowing your nose with a nose ring is difficult!

You see, when I was 16, I got my nose pierced. At the time, my mom let me do it under the condition that I would only wear a little tiny stud in my nose. And I kept that promise for 13 years. Last week I decided I wanted to try something different. So I went to a local piercing shop and had a nose ring put in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	860

I love it! It is fun, a little edgier than what I normally would be comfortable with and it totally makes me feel bad ass. (My mom does not share the thrill with my new jewelry, but I am an adult!).

However .... there are some ... complications *blush*. Blowing your nose with a ring is very different. You can't position the kleenex like normal because the ring gets in the way. With the stud, it was just a little ball on the inside of my nostril. Nothing to get in the way really, but now I have this ring and ... things .... get stuck *blush*.

And like ... my nostrils are pretty little. I have struggled with boogers in the past. I can't pick my nose very effectively because my nostrils are so little and my fingers don't fit. So then I just feel like boogers are hanging out of my nose.

Anyways .... that is all for this blog on boogers.

*runs away and dies of blushyness now*
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1310 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Boogers for the win. Nothing to be ashamed of. Some people just dislike parts of other people, unfortunately often enough it's the own family that you are dependend on. And so we learn to put parts of our real us under the sales table, back into the very back into the storage because they weren't wanted.

But now, when we have become adults, we can learn that we are independent now. We don't have to sell the wanted parts of ourselves, but instead can go back into the storage and put all of us on the table, wanted and unwanted. Because we are in charge now. Roaaaarrrrr. It just may take some time and effort to finally realize, be brave and be and present ourselves as we are, partly liked or not.
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. The world is grateful and is richer for knowing all about your Butterfly boogers. The story of when you were growing up was adorable.

Boogers is a thing and you owned it.

Now the next boy subject... farts or vomit? Hmmm.
  3. Old Comment
    Hmm .. I wonder who suggested that ..
    Lol

I think you need to write a blog all about rainbows and unicorns to get back to your usual glittery self! Lol
    Posted 03-06-2019 at 07:49 AM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Gross, but quite interesting.
  5. Old Comment
    "I lost my booger", omg that is so hilarious!

I must admit...
    I still pick my nose sometimes.... when nobody is watching....
  6. Old Comment
    Aww yeah, I think everyone has done some nose picking in the past. I love the nose ring it is cute.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MastersVoice View Comment
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. The world is grateful and is richer for knowing all about your Butterfly boogers. The story of when you were growing up was adorable.

Boogers is a thing and you owned it.

Now the next boy subject... farts or vomit? Hmmm.
    NOT HAPPENING!!!!!! A big old nope from me!
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittleMissSass View Comment
    Hmm .. I wonder who suggested that ..
    Lol

I think you need to write a blog all about rainbows and unicorns to get back to your usual glittery self! Lol
    Yes, this sounds like a much better blog topic for me to write about.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    "I lost my booger", omg that is so hilarious!

I must admit...
    I still pick my nose sometimes.... when nobody is watching....
    Haha! I am sure everybody knows does it sometimes.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CagedHiruzen View Comment
    Aww yeah, I think everyone has done some nose picking in the past. I love the nose ring it is cute.
    Thank you, I am really loving it.