Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Diapered_prince

Rate this Entry

summer is (officially) here!

Posted 06-23-2018 at 08:55 PM by Diapered_prince

Hello faithful readers,

Summer technically started this week (at least for us in the northern hemisphere) even though school has been out for almost 2 months. (for uni at least) I am going through diapers really quickly now and have had 4 leaks in the past week (much to my dismay) Luckily, they have all been at home (or rather my grandparent's home) so it has yet to happen in public which is a thought that really scares me. I have found out how much my diapers hold though (based on wet weight vs. dry weight) And have found that they hold a surprisingly small 33 oz (about 1000ml) before risk of leak.

This discovery has made me start to rethink my disposable diapers. If I am wearing these diapers and can only get 1000ml out of them, should I invest in some better AB/DL diapers? My friends on kik have been talking about their diapers and how they can hold between 3-4 times what mine can. Following that thought, I use 3-4 diapers for every one they use. Continuing, a case of 40 of my diapers would be roughly 10 of their diapers. So I am paying $18 per case of 40, while they are paying from $30 for a case of 20 diapers to 90 for a case of 40 diapers. So, per diaper I pay $0.45 (and basically that much per two wettings) while they pay $1.00-2.25 per diaper for and equivalent of 7-8 of my wettings.
If I am thinking clearly, their diapers are better long(ish) term because they hold more and have to be changed less, but the only downside is the upfront cost. One day, I probably will buy some good AB/DL diapers because several have amazing designs, but....

I am still waiting to get those cloth diapers. I return home (for uni) on the 13th of August so I can make the "full" (80% cloth) swap over shortly after that. I think that I will order a single cloth from https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Adu...s-Gauze-Purity
so that I can test it out before ordering more. One of my friends ordered a couple , but he doesn't like them because they are hard to pin and require plastic pants. I am not sure about the pins, which is why I am only starting with one (worst case I can use it as a booster for my other cloth diapers that have Velcro. He also said that the diapers are really soft so that is a positive. and because they are buy once and wash to reuse, they will be cheaper in the long run. (I have $100 set aside to start with getting a couple more pants and several diapers) though as the school year progresses (and I work) I can save and get more.

That is all for now, I hope to see you all next week!

p.s. If you want to kik me (to make sure I am still wearing) just shoot me a pm. Though I should say that while it has been difficult some days, I still love my diapers.
Posted in Diaper time
Views 2804 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm not trying to disuade you from buying those bigger diapers and your rationale is certainly sensible, but:

Just because they hold much more, doesn't need that it is always reasonable to change them at the latest point possible: In order to hold three times what yours do, they get three times as thick, which might be an issue. Furthermore sitting on any diaper can reduce their actual capacity, this still applies for them.

So: By all means give them a try, you will certainly like them, but don't expect them to hold forever.

Finally: Do you think that you are dependent at this point or are you still able to hold anything back? Do you only feel it after it has started?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fiona View Comment
    I'm not trying to disuade you from buying those bigger diapers and your rationale is certainly sensible, but:

Just because they hold much more, doesn't need that it is always reasonable to change them at the latest point possible: In order to hold three times what yours do, they get three times as thick, which might be an issue. Furthermore sitting on any diaper can reduce their actual capacity, this still applies for them.

So: By all means give them a try, you will certainly like them, but don't expect them to hold forever.

Finally: Do you think that you are dependent at this point or are you still able to hold anything back? Do you only feel it after it has started?
    Thank you for your input, I have tried Bambino diapers in the past and loved them, but the price is still a factor.

As for dependency, no I am not at there.....yet. Though I am wetting very easily now and it is possible that in 6 more months I will be dependent, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.
    Posted 06-25-2018 at 09:35 AM by Diapered_prince Diapered_prince is offline