Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > lola.fox

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Toy Review - BDSMAmmunition’s Shibari Rope Kit

Posted 09-20-2022 at 07:34 AM by lola.fox
Updated 09-20-2022 at 10:15 AM by lola.fox

TL/DR: A set of 4 pieces of jute rope for bondage with a low temperature candle and a storage bag.

Pros: This rope cones in a variety of colors, which drew me to it because I was looking for a very delicate lavender color that they had advertised (more on this later). It was very soft, especially compared to the jute I bought at a local event. The shipping was very quick and packaged securely and discreetly. The candle and storage bag were also a very nice added touch. The price point is excellent for a beginner looking to dabble in bondage.

Cons: I touched upon the color variety that this shop had, and I was very excited to have some beautiful rope to play with in anticipation for a meet up with Satoshi. It was much, much darker in person, not the pale lavender shade that was advertised. It was super disappointing because if I had known it would be such a deep color, I’d have happily purchased the wine color I had seen reviews on because that had more of the look I was going going for. The rope was also died very poorly, with patches of the natural jute color exposed throughout the weaving.

I brought it to a rope jam and used it on a local rope bunny to get the hang of doing harnesses on another person and to test out the product itself. It shed all over my partner as well as unraveled and became loose the moment it was used. I thankfully had a very experienced guide nearby who re-wove it for me, but he had said it would likely keep happening. I unfortunately, am a novice, and don’t have the dexterity nor the knowledge on how to properly do that myself.

I don’t think this rope is suited for beginners like myself despite the advertisement saying so. I might have just received a bad batch as most of the comments seemed very positive, which is why I purchased from this seller in the first place. I do think the customer service is lacking a bit though as no one reached out after my complaint, so I have since purchased nicer, more vibrant rope elsewhere.

Rating 4.5/10

Price: $33.66
Posted in Toy Reviews
Views 355 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I can't speak to the quality of the rope, etc, but quite often with new pieces, they need to be treated, and the ends need to be sealed before use, either with burning ( I'm too chicken for that) or 'whipping', where the ends are sewn and bound to prevent unravelling. Quite often, kinksters will do that themselves as a ceremonial, meditative and bonding exercise with their tools (mostly old timers, or people with allergies) but for an extra charge, a lot of sellers will do it, and some places do it automatically and it's all in the price.

I'm sorry to hear about the service, especially as they're catering to newbies. Glad to hear you made a more satisfying purchase. If you want to know more about it, you can run a search on treating new rope, and it's not unusual for bondage books to have methods inside. These days you could probably find a YouTube tutorial for it. Though, I am surprised nothing was mentioned on the site?

Thank you.
  2. Old Comment
    I feel like it was just sort of a sloppy job all around especially with the poor dye job - even the person hosting the event was disappointed by the quality ): but it wasn't very expensive so you get what you pay for I guess!