Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Wedding Update....34 Days!

Posted 07-02-2017 at 09:12 PM by The Slutty Princess

It’s starting to get very real! Sam and I have selected our wedding venue, sent invitations, selected our wedding parties, hired a DJ and photographer, and paid for catering! 34 fricking days and I’ll be walking down the aisle with the love of my life!

A few weeks ago, we had spent the weekend touring different venues and we came up with our decision shortly after the trip. Sam and I had decided to select an old rustic and renovated farm property for our wedding venue. The venue is gorgeous, complete with a refurbished barn, an old English-style brick house, and a vineyard. The property is surrounded by rolling hills, a forest, and Lake Michigan is even visible! The venue is astoundingly huge and can accommodate almost 300 people. We finalized our guest list a few days ago and sent out the invitations. While we didn’t invite the capacity of the venue, we came awful close! Our wedding guest list included our friends from high school, college friends, co-workers, and of course family from our parents all the way to third cousins. People add up faster than you think and we managed to squeeze our guest list to 250 guests!

As of right now, our only cost for the wedding is the venue decor we want, though most of it is already there, and paying for the hotel accommodations for all 250 guests...or at least the guests that would like to stay in a hotel following the wedding. We have been fortunate enough to have the most loving, caring, and supportive family members that have helped these two nineteen-year-old lovebirds pay for the wedding. Our mothers are paying for the dress we’d like, my aunts and uncles and Sam’s grandparents have chipped in enough money to cover the cost to rent the venue, and Sam’s mother is paying for the cost of catering for all 250 guests. A friend has volunteered to be our wedding photographer for free and one of our friends also volunteered to be our DJ at the reception!

My maid of honor choice was the easiest choice I’ve ever made. To be my second eyes, help with wedding details and decorating, hold my bouquet of flowers during the vows, help me get dressed before the wedding, sign our marriage license, and even provide emotional support when needed….I chose my sister. There is nobody more deserving than this girl and I could not be more thankful to have her by my side each and every day. Without her, I would have never starting date Sam, I would have never graduated high school, I would have never experienced being a freshmen at a large college university, and most importantly, I would have never had a wedding...because I would have never lived to see any of this if it wasn’t for her. Sam chose one of her best friends, Carly, to be her maid of honor in the wedding.

As for bridesmaids, we both came to the agreement to keep it to six bridesmaids in total, three of Sam’s choices and three of mine. I chose my friend Jane from high school, my best friend and neighbor Allison, and a very close friend and old neighbor Hailey. Sam chose our neighbor Jadayah, our close friend Anna, and her friend Nicole. Sam’s little cousin, Isabelle, will be our flower girl and our ring bearers will be my three little cousins, Olive, Morgan, and Jackie.

In traditional weddings, the father walks the bride down the aisle. I will be keeping it traditional and having my father walk me down the aisle but Sam will walk beside her mother as she walks down the aisle. We also decided to keep some parts of the wedding traditional, so for our wedding day, Sam and I will not be seeing each other all day. Our first glimpse at each other in our dresses will be when we see each other at the ceremony!

With much love,
~Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3065 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wow... this is actually kind of amazing.
    Which you a good life!!
  2. Old Comment
    It is so amazing that you have taken us along on your journey. So much has changed for you in such a short while. You are not the same young daring woman we first met. You have grown before us. You've found yourself and you shine so brightly! Sam is the luckiest person!

Me thinks this beautiful young bird is about to leave the nest and soar!

33 days!