Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 3.33 average.

Take care of me

Posted 04-29-2019 at 01:35 PM by Butterfly
Updated 04-29-2019 at 02:04 PM by Butterfly

So, this Butterfly is sick and I guess it is making me realize just how important it is for me to have somebody in my life who takes care of me.

Mr. Devious is so wonderful at doing that. He does the housework that I don't like doing, or don't have time for. He cooks for me. He lets me sleep in, puts gas in my car, buys me medicine, put bandaids on me, and gives me snuggles.

Feeling as though I am being taken care of is important to me from a D/s stand point as well. How does that look in a D/s relationship?
  • Give me a bedtime. It doesn't have to be a regular rule, but enforce a bedtime at times where it is needed. (ie. I have been up way too late all week).
  • Parental controls. This can help with bedtime, or even just making me unplug and give me a chance to destress.
  • Remind me to take my vitamins or medication.
  • Make sure I am eating properly. When I don't feel like eating, encourage me to eat something, and to eat something healthy, not just junk food.
  • Ask me about my day, and really listen. Ask follow up questions and provide advice if asked for.
  • Encourage me to go to the doctor when needed.
  • Provide aftercare after play time. Sometimes this means having chocolate and giggles, other times it is snuggles and quiet time.
  • Jump in and protect me when people are being rude, creepy or annoying.

There is many more I could add to this list, but Butterfly is now .... *dies*
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3530 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is a lovely post Butterfly and I really love how Mr D is looking after you so well!

I love your points as well, I think they are really important in any relationship as well as a D/s.

I have to say I struggle with point number 5. I like to think I listen and ask follow up questions, not because I have to but because I really do care and am really interested. I think the part I struggle with is not giving advice unless it's asked for. As a typical bloke I know I can be too quick to suggest solutions and advice when it may not be needed. I get that I should just be listening, but I do find this hard and try my best to keep my mouth shut.
  2. Old Comment
    Always up for chocolate and giggles! You know where to find me gorgeous! Xx
    Posted 04-29-2019 at 03:05 PM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittleMissSass View Comment
    Always up for chocolate and giggles! You know where to find me gorgeous! Xx
    Did someone say chocolate?
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MastersVoice View Comment
    Did someone say chocolate?
    Pffft suppose you can come too
    Posted 04-29-2019 at 03:21 PM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittleMissSass View Comment
    Pffft suppose you can come too
    Woooo *takes a nibble and munches* thank you LMS

Hope you get well soon Butterfly! Don't worry this piece of chocolate would have made no difference to your recovery time at all. Nope, none whatsoever... oh and don't worry I didn't spill any on my tutu
  6. Old Comment
    Aww I’m so sorry you are sick ♥️ Feel better soon �� sending all of my love your way
  7. Old Comment
    Sorry to hear that you are unwell but glad that you are being looked after. Best wishes for a full and quick recovery!

Connie
  8. Old Comment
    I'm glad you got Mr. Devious to care for you now. It sucks to be sick! Hope you get better soon! Remember to eat healthy and drink plenty of water.