Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Pariahterror

Rate this Entry

Sending keys, be warned and have fun

Posted 08-25-2018 at 05:54 AM by Pariahterror

A few days ago it happened. I was dares to send a key to myself. This would mean I wouldn't be able to unlock myself for that period. I was allowed to not follow my edging rule and send them.

Thus the next day I bought some envelopes and stamps. I took me a few times to write my address neat enough for myself. I put the key in the envelope and put it in the mail.

My reserve key was already in my freezer in a bottle of now, ice. A spare key is always good to have. You never know what happens. Because it is in ice, I can't reach it immediately. It needs to be molten first.

Now the waiting game began. It was a good feeling, even more squirmy than other times. But that is a good feeling.

The next day, my key didn't arrive. It could have arrived bit my housemate who has the key to that mailbox didn't look for the mail. I really want that key back by tomorrow afternoon, or else I wouldn't be able to get back to it by Sunday.

Luckily the next day my roommate knocked on the door. Right during my fetching time. I quickly removed my fetish wear and put on a bathrobe to open the door. He told me someone might have wanted to look into my mail as he handed it over.

There was a hole in the envelope. No, this isn't good. Did my key got ripped out of it. How could that happen. I went looking on the web to see if similar things did happen, and yes it did. Apparently the letter can get moved quickly, as a result the key, due to being heavier, got left behind and ripped a hole in it.

Now it was time to melt the frozen key and unlock myself. There was still some time before I had to go. I went for a warm shower, but it took me a while to melt it. Replacing the water did help a lot.

Next I unlocked myself and did my required edges. I locked myself up again with a spare lock. But will need to buy a new one. It isn't a normal padlock but an integrated one. But that will come.

Now the question: Would you do it again? Yes definitely. I would surely do it again but with sturdier envelopes. Soon going to buy those. When all goes well, I would even like to take it a step further. I would want to send it to a, kinky, person I will be meeting.

So the short story: always have a reserve key ready if you want to unlock yourself. And two, use sturdier envelopes.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1754 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    nice blog, glad you were sensible enough to have a spare key, and it hasn't ruined the fun for you and you would do it again
  2. Old Comment
    What an important lesson to learn!
    Thank goodness you had a spare key ready.

Next time maybe you could wrap the key in paper first (so it doesn't have as good of an edge to tear the outer envelope),
    and/or tape it in place (so it can't pull against the creases where the paper's weak, if it gets caught)? Or put it in a little bubble wrap envelope inside a normal envelope, of course!

You are a very brave puppy. I hope you never lose all your keys!
  3. Old Comment
    Good thing for your spare key. I'm waiting for the mail today. Hope it brings good news!
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you for writing this. I like hearing about when things don't go to plan. There is always a good lesson to learn there. I am glad you put safeguards in place in case the key got lost.

I agree with Kat. Maybe next time you should mail it with a greeting card and tape it to the inside so that it has something to stick to, or the sturdier bubble wrap envelopes.

I am glad you haven't let this deter you and that you are going to try again. Good luck!
  5. Old Comment
    Have some of my infinite wisdom. Use bubble envelops. I can send you a picture of the ones I used if you want :P

The woman behind the counter recommended them to me when I told her I was just sending keys, so it went fine the first time I tried it.
    Updated 08-25-2018 at 10:23 AM by Unidentified
  6. Old Comment
    Good ideas above. Also maybe add in an index card. Could easily tape the key to that (or poke holes in it and use thread to tie the key down in case you are worried about the tape coming undone).

Glad the safeguards were in place and all is well!