Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
getDare.com Stuff Things that relate to the site.
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

To Whom It May Concern

Posted 05-12-2010 at 10:25 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 05-12-2010 at 10:54 PM by depp

Dear valued getDare community member or lurker,

My only joy in life is moderating album pictures. It's the only thing that brings me smiles. Please upload sexy images so that I may live vicariously through them.

Cheers,
Depp Davenport
SysOp
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

You guys make me smile!

Posted 11-09-2009 at 10:24 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

So occasionally some nut thinks I will bend the rules for him if he spams my inbox. Unfortunately I never check my e-mail (why the contact us forum went away) and the server filters out this sort of junk.

Unfortunately for these individuals I enjoy their desperation. Their abuse only brings smiles to my face. This latest e-mail is a real gem.

I'm not quite sure what pissed off user this is, but last week someone called me "Dick Davenport" and said they infected...
SysOp
Old

Apologies

Posted 10-04-2009 at 09:02 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Apologies to all the issues I am behind on. I was incredibly sick this weekend and did not even get a chance to spend some time at home until later today. I know a lot of people are waiting for replies on PMs and such. I apologize but it will be a while for me to get around to answering them. These issues should start being dealt with on Wednesday or Thursday. That is the very earliest I can step in.
SysOp
Old

Slight change to Slave/Master script

Posted 07-17-2009 at 11:34 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I've been posting too many feature threads so I thought I might blog this one.

From now on the icon of threads in the Slave/Master section will be the sex of the poster. This should hopefully make browsing a little bit easier and pretty. As new threads are posted the section should start getting filled and look a lot nicer.

I would have never got the idea if I had not added all those spiffy icons
SysOp
Old

Introducing... The Gender Guesser!

Posted 05-13-2009 at 08:39 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 05-13-2009 at 08:44 PM by depp

This website has a cool algorithm that was the result of a university research project whose goal was to evaluate the gender of an author. It's not 100% accurate but with larger amounts of text it gets scary close most of the time.

Quote:
In 2003, a team of researchers from the Illinois Institute of Technology and Bar-Ilan University in Israel (Shlomo Argamon, Moshe Koppel, Jonathan Fine, and Anat Rachel Shimoni) developed a method to estimate gender from word usage. Their paper described a Bayesian
SysOp
Old

Feedback-athon 2009?

Posted 03-15-2009 at 02:54 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Sometime soon (when I have my spring break) I've decided to host the first annual getDare Feedback-athon.

I will create a getDare phone number and Skype account to take your feedback for 12 solid hours. I will also be in the chat all day to take your feedback there as well. You will be able to talk directly to me about your problems and concerns regarding the past, present, and future of getDare.

I will post the date in the next couple weeks as I figure out when I can fit...
SysOp
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

New site is GO!

Posted 05-05-2008 at 11:52 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I've posted an announcement in the forums and made the new site live!

I was sitting around tonight debating whether to launch today or wait for the weekend and decided to just launch the dang thing before it starts collecting cobwebs.

After a long time the secret site is a secret no more.

....> kinktalk.com
SysOp