Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

"Wearing a Corset...

Posted 06-23-2014 at 11:53 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:20 PM by kittenlyss

is like getting breast implants."

Apparently, it's deceitful. You know, because it gives you an awesome figure that's fake.

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that one is SURGERY and the other is clothing. OR the implied criticism of people who get breast implants.

But, assuming that such things are done or worn with the sole intention of getting more attention by looking better is a bit... ignorant.
Anyhow, this is why I like wearing corsets.

-They look sexy. Yeah, they give me a smaller waist. But, I think they sill look sexy loosened. And tops made to look like corsets but without the structure to do any shaping look sexy too.
-Even if no one can see my corset, wearing something that I think looks sexy makes me feel sexy. Who doesn't love to dress up in lingerie just for fun every once in a while?
-It's actually difficult, or at least uncomfortable, to slump in a corset. I tend to slump. Corsets give me better posture. Good posture is sexy. And better for my back.
-Wearing a corset feels a bit bondage-y. Maybe with a good dose of a tight hug mixed in. When I feel the corset wrapped so tightly around my body, I get warm and fuzzies.
-And, lastly, I DO like to hear that I look nice. Corsets seem to get comments a lot.

So, mostly, corsets are an exercise in loving myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think it's time I go seduce myself.
Views 1476 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It's bizarre that someone would compare corsets with breast implants. What's next? Stop wearing make-up? Ban contact lenses? Get rid of sexy clothes? They're all there to make you look attractive. Everybody enjoys looking nice, right? It gives you self confidence, makes you feel better. Especially when you get compliments.
    So go on wearing those corsets, Kittenlyss! I can totally see how you'd like feeling all bound and restricted in a corset too!
  2. Old Comment
    I have been lucky enough to see you in a few of your corsets. You do look very sexy in them gives you a real hourglass shape. I completely agree with the loose or tight comment, I like the loose more to be honest, I dont like to see girls putting themselves through pain to catch my eye or knowing that because its done up so tight it has to come off that much sooner... unless its to be thrown on the floor then that is okay :P
  3. Old Comment
    Love this. I have found that people who make such condescending or even judgmental comments fail to realize that most of the time we do these things, like wearing certain clothes or makeup, etc., because we want to, not because we want to be so pleasing to everyone else that we endear them to us. In that light it isn't fake, but expressive and, as you've described, so very, very wonderful for the person wearing it.
    Posted 06-24-2014 at 12:51 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I despise when people assume that because you wear a flashy new dress, or lingerie, or whatever it may be that is in question, that you're doing it to impress others. I don't wear make-up and buy the clothes I buy to please other people, I do it because it makes ME feel good about myself. Same goes with corsets and any other type of lingerie, if you feel good wearing it then that's all the matters.
  5. Old Comment
    I always love your blogs and I couldn't agree more with this one!

It reminds me of some guys I have heard complaining about push up bras. Almost all my bras have a little bit of a push-up in them and I like it that way. It makes me feel good. Most people's boobs aren't naturaly perky and perfectly rounded anyway so push up or not, a girls boobs are likely to not look the same in a bra as they do out of one.

Anyway, I won't continue on that rant Just wanted to say I agree completely. I dress up for myself 90% of the time and no one should be able to criticize you for doing something that makes you happy.
  6. Old Comment
    I have to admit I find corsets to be really comfortable and I enjoy wearing it. I usually wear an under bust one under my cloths. The only down side is if its doesn't properly fit your body shape they can be really uncomfortable, leave back fat lumps and generally be a waist of money
  7. Old Comment
    Pierced ears and tattoos are also the same.As is wearing dress pants instead of sweats to work.

People wear things and do things to make themselves look better/different: What a travesty... /eyeroll
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drwarschauu View Comment
    It's bizarre that someone would compare corsets with breast implants... I can totally see how you'd like feeling all bound and restricted in a corset too!
    Well, there was a reason I didn't even want to touch on the insanity of comparing the two. And corsets are like light bondage, I think. Makes it a little harder to breathe (well, really, you just can't take deep breaths) and you don't have full range of motion, but you're still able to move about freely enough to do day-to-day activities. A good medium, I think.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadowice0823 View Comment
    I completely agree with the loose or tight comment, I like the loose more to be honest, I dont like to see girls putting themselves through pain to catch my eye or knowing that because its done up so tight it has to come off that much sooner... unless its to be thrown on the floor then that is okay :P
    Thanks! I may have to do a loosened corset photo set now. And, to be honest, my 2 custom-made corsets are actually really comfortable. I'm able to wear them for at least 5 hours with no soreness. Haven't tried anything beyond that yet. So I wouldn't say I'm putting myself through much pain. I'd rate heels higher on the pain scale... Also, I don't throw my corsets on the floor. I toss them on my dressing screen.

@naughtylittlegirl, **Mandi**, Lola, and Alexis:

I agree, which is why I thought I'd share it with everyone here on GD. I mean, it bugged me enough to write about it. But, when I realized that there may be someone who would read this who actually wasn't already aware that we sometimes like to be sexy for OURSELVES, I figured it was worth posting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ly Ph View Comment
    I have to admit I find corsets to be really comfortable and I enjoy wearing it. I usually wear an under bust one under my cloths. The only down side is if its doesn't properly fit your body shape they can be really uncomfortable, leave back fat lumps and generally be a waist of money
    Corsets that don't fit right are torture. But, give me one that DOES fit just right and wearing it around all day is a cinch.