Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rate this Entry

Loke's First Did you know?

Posted 09-16-2011 at 08:57 PM by loke

Did you know if someone says "Korea' you are not being specific?

Thought about that in chat so may as well start a new gd series "Loke's Did you know?"
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2052 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    ....wut...
    ( i don't even..what?)
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalGreek View Comment
    ....wut...
    ( i don't even..what?)
    Young student, "Korea" consists of two countries, North and South Korea. So if I just say to you Korea, you do not know which one I am referring to.

Did that help to clear it up?
  3. Old Comment
    LOL, This could be awesome , Just sayin.

LOLOLOLOL - It actually made me laugh for some reason
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    Young student, "Korea" consists of two countries, North and South Korea. So if I just say to you Korea, you do not know which one I am referring to.

Did that help to clear it up?
    haha yeah xD you should have put all that info in it in the beginning :P
  5. Old Comment
    Well, obviously.

Saying "UK" isn't specific. Saying "America" isn't specific. Saying "Africa" isn't specific. Saying "bad weather" isn't specific. Saying "a few" isn't specific. You get the idea.
    Posted 09-17-2011 at 02:38 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    Well, obviously.

Saying "UK" isn't specific. Saying "America" isn't specific. Saying "Africa" isn't specific. Saying "bad weather" isn't specific. Saying "a few" isn't specific. You get the idea.

Technically saying africa Could be specific if you are speaking of the continent.

Also Technically speaking Korea could refer to the landmass and area itself, and not so much the countries located in such an area.

For example:
    "Japan took over Korea during WW2"
    Just nitpicking is all.. don't mind me.
  7. Old Comment
    i still dont get it.....
    Posted 09-17-2011 at 02:30 PM by princessjessie princessjessie is offline
  8. Old Comment
    You forgot to mention that both North Korea and South Korea are not just Asian Countries but East Asian countries. You need to be specific in case someone mistakes them for West Asian Countries. And actually there is only ONE Country called Korea but it’s divided into two states North and South Korea. AND South Korea is officially known as the Republic of Korea and North Korea is the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. Got to be specific on the Republics. And we need to be specific about what part of Korea, don’t want to mistake Northern North Korea for Northern South Korea because they are both quite different.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theone View Comment
    You forgot to mention that both North Korea and South Korea are not just Asian Countries but East Asian countries. You need to be specific in case someone mistakes them for West Asian Countries. And actually there is only ONE Country called Korea but it’s divided into two states North and South Korea. AND South Korea is officially known as the Republic of Korea and North Korea is the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. Got to be specific on the Republics. And we need to be specific about what part of Korea, don’t want to mistake Northern North Korea for Northern South Korea because they are both quite different.
    Ohhh snap xD haha
  10. Old Comment
    I think Harry Carey once spoke on this subject:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harry Carey
    Hey Steve (Stone, Harry's former broadcast partner for the Cubs)! Did you know Korea said backwards is Aerok? Sosa with a basehit. Hey! Did you know Sosa spelled backwards is Asos?
    Updated 09-17-2011 at 07:14 PM by Manbearpig