Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > RainbowSky

Rate this Entry

Blog 18 - Tickilish?

Posted 04-13-2016 at 08:36 PM by RainbowSky

I’m genuinely not a very ticklish person. If you startle me when you tickle me then I will react and laugh and squeal because I wasn’t expecting it and wasn’t prepared but its more from the surprise than actually tickling me. Obviously everyone is ticklish so I can’t say I am completely not ticklish because that would be a lie. I am ticklish, but only in very specific spots though. For example my neck, shoulders, wrists and ankles and upper thighs (that is a weird one and I can’t remember how I worked that one out and if I ever remember don’t ask).

Out of my ticklish spots the worst three places are my upper thighs in 3rd, my neck in 2nd and then the shoulder-neck joint is the worst for me. Seriously my grandad will come near my shoulders with his hand and I full on flinch and duck. Most of the time he isn’t even going to tickle me, he’s just leaning over my shoulder to grab something but I still get anxious and nervous that he is going to tickle me. Which is why it is my most ticklish place and personally my worst spot.

I have very different reactions to being tickled depending on the place. My wrists and ankles although ticklish don’t really illicit any sort of reaction except a few giggles and a little bit of shuffling away from whoever is the person tickling me. My upper thighs cause me to squeak and squeal but I also get really embarrassed so I start blushing and shuffling as fast as I can away because it is quite close to an intimate area and so I get very panicky and humiliated and don’t want people to be around that area. I quite often end up with my heart rate pumping quite rapidly and having to take deep breaths to calm down afterwards. My neck again causes squeaking and for me to move my neck out of the way from what I perceive as harm to myself although the squeaking is less than the thighs. Finally my shoulders, specifically the dip in my shoulder near my neck causes me to laugh hysterically, flinch towards the hand which makes it worse as I then trap their hand so all they can do is continue to move their hand which tickles more. I get very out of breath and can’t breathe and it takes me a long time to recover after being tickled there.

I can hold back my reactions when it is my wrists, ankles and neck – or at least the noises as they don’t really illicit too much noise from me. I can usually also avoid moving and then people give up on tickling me in those spots because it isn’t really doing anything to me. I can also hold back the noises when tickled on my upper thighs but not the physical reaction of shuffling because I get embarrassed and don’t want people near my genitals. I can’t prevent any of my reactions to my shoulders when tickled as my body automatically reacts and jumps and I don’t get an opportunity not to.

I have no issues with people tickling me, even in the places that I react badly to. I don’t love being tickled as it just seems a bit pointless to me but then I also don’t hate it (except on my upper thighs because it feels awkward and my shoulders because I just flinch). So I suppose I don’t really care either way whether I get tickled or not. I don’t mind it for a while unless it is on my neck but it just seems pointless and if there’s no reason for it why would you.

The most ticklish experience I have had is as a result of my grandad. I was laying on the living room floor at his house when he leaned over the top of me to grab the remote control. Of course I flinched because he went to close to my shoulders for my liking so he then smiled, got on the floor next to me and tickled both of my shoulders for a good 10 minutes solid. I was really struggling for breath, I couldn’t shuffle away because I was rolling around in hysterics. It was an awful moment for me and one I don’t really want to have to have again as it took me ages to calm down and get my breath back.

If me and my best friend – who is more ticklish than me – had been kidnapped, and tied up and one of us had to be tickled as torture and I had to make the choice of who would be tickled, I would have to go with myself. As much as I hate it and she likes it my love and care for her means that I would rather be tortured continuously by being tickled than her as I feel the traumatic experience might put her off something she loves and if they were going to tickle until we revealed any sort of information then by the end of it she would have bad associations with it and I care too much about her to have her tortured for information. I also feel that I would be able to hold off for longer than her because of the fact I get out of breath so can’t talk easily when I’m being tickled. Not that either of us really have any important information but then again if they want secrets about our life then I’ve got worse ones which even she doesn’t know about (aka this website) so maybe she’d be better as her secrets aren’t remotely bad. No, she’s my friend I can’t do that to her. I’ll just have to be really strong willed and not reveal my embarrassing secrets, so maybe by revealing all the embarrassing stuff to me in my blogs that will mean it’s not so much a secret and will mean I won’t have to worry to much.

Word count: 1010
Personal feeling when writing it: just felt like a menial task that had been set by someone, bit bored. The topic itself is interesting and the thought into was excellent but I hate writing lines and stories so trying to get a 1000 words was tough.
Posted in Topical
Views 823 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I like that last paragraph. It tells a lot more about you than the entire rest of the blog.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Runesmith View Comment
    I like that last paragraph. It tells a lot more about you than the entire rest of the blog.
    I just write what I've been told to.