Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 14 votes, 4.14 average.

getDare's Democratic Royal Court

Posted 08-30-2018 at 10:41 AM by Butterfly
Updated 08-30-2018 at 11:41 AM by Butterfly

A few years ago, ispuds ran the official getDare Presidential Election. Lola.fox won (by a very slim margin) and became the first getDare president. She has done such a wonderful job that we couldn't possible think of removing her from her position. Instead, I think it is time that getDare elects an official King and Queen!

That's right, I said elects. For getDare is a democracy, and the people of getDare should get to choose their King and Queen.

So how does this work?

Nominations
All candidates MUST be nominated by somebody else. You cannot self nominate. So if you have a friend, partner or even just somebody you look up to who you think would be perfect for this title, feel free to nominate them in the comments of this blog. Of course, all nominees have the right to turn down the nomination.

Deadline to nominate: September 10, 2018

Queen or King?
Each nominee may only run for one position. The reason we are choosing a Queen and King is to try and keep the votes fair. Last time we saw that the woman won by a landslide and had a clear advantage. That being said, we want to be as fair and inclusive as possible, so if you are nominated, please feel free to choose which role you feel most comfortable fulfilling.

Campaigns
After all of the candidates have been nominated and accepted, the campaigns will begin. An official campaign thread will be opened to announce the candidates and begin the bartering and bantering to secure votes.

Each candidate will be required to post a blog introducing themselves to getDare, explaining why they should win and outlining their campaign. Just like any political election, the candidates are encouraged to promote themselves, slander their opponents (playfully and harmlessly) and make "promises" (ie. spankings, tasks, etc.) to the members of getDare.

All promises and deals MUST be fulfilled when the election ends. The candidates can choose to make these deals privately, or post public offers. The promises can be based on the condition of winning (ie. If I win I will ...), or simply cost a vote (ie. For every vote I receive I will ... or If you vote for me I will ...).

Each candidate can recruit up to three members to join their campaign team. The campaign team may also provide promises and offers to secure votes. They must also be fulfilled after the voting has ended.

Forfeits

Once each nominee has accepted, they must send an PM to the official Royal Court Advisor (that's me!) with a forfeit. This forfeit can be anything at all: an edge bank, a certain length of denial, a photo idea for exposure etc. If the candidate does not win, they will need to go forward with their forfeit. Forfeits will remain private until the voting has ended.

Election
The vote will happen on October 1 and will remain open for 7 days. Two separate polls will be opened.

The Winners
The winners will:
  • Be allowed to choose a custom title
  • Gain entry to the Dungeon for a two month reign
  • Have the power to assign 1000 edges and 1000 spanks divided amongst the election losers
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated, both publicly and privately, in their campaign
  • And will have the ultimate bragging rights!

The Losers
The losers (anybody who is not the two winners) will:
  • Write a concession blog congratulating the winner on their victory
  • Complete the edges and/or spanks assigned to them by the winner before being allowed their next orgasm
  • Complete their forfeit and report on it in the official election thread
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated based on VOTES only (ie. For every person who votes for me, I will edge once)

Who should be our Queen and King???
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12307 Comments 78
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 78

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'll start off by nominating lilith_ on the pure basis that she called me cool once.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Everill View Comment
    I'll start off by nominating lilith_ on the pure basis that she called me cool once.
    Lilith_ do you accept?

You may wish to send her a message and let her know that she has been nominated.
  3. Old Comment
    I'll nominate LPV.
  4. Old Comment
    I nominate Butterfly for Queen and Jaro for King.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    Lilith_ do you accept?

You may wish to send her a message and let her know that she has been nominated.
    I accept, yes!
  6. Old Comment
    I nominate Mr. Devious for king and kuriouskat for queen
  7. Old Comment
    Two months in the dungeon? Dang, I wish I was active enough to be deserving.

I nominate nina@
  8. Old Comment
    This is a cool idea and these little things is why I always come back to this community
  9. Old Comment
    I nominate Joan Sky for Queen
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marissa353 View Comment
    Two months in the dungeon? Dang, I wish I was active enough to be deserving.

I nominate nina@
    Dang, I feel you are deserving Marissa, so I nominate you for gD Queen.. I am yet to decide who I want to nominate for gD king.

Thank you for nominating me, I feel deeply humbled but on second thoughts, I need the weekend to think about whether I will be able to fulfil the commitment of running in the election and will notify my acceptance then.
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 01:54 AM by nina@
  11. Old Comment
    I kinda want to nominate Iheartfun but there are a lot of girls in this already so I am going to put Unidentified in for the running
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ly Ph View Comment
    I kinda want to nominate Iheartfun but there are a lot of girls in this already so I am going to put Unidentified in for the running
    I nominate IHeartFun (for you) then

I nominate AbusiveMaster for getDare King. Hopefully someone nominates IceMaiden if she's up for it. I already voted Ly Ph's pick for getDare Queen though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naked_lego View Comment
    This is a cool idea and these little things is why I always come back to this community
    Glad to hear

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt: View Comment
    I nominate Joan Sky for Queen
    Matt, I am deeply honored. Thank you so much for your nomination.

I must respectfully decline, and wish the nominees and everyone the best

Lots of love,
    ~ Joanna <3
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 02:05 AM by Joan Sky
  13. Old Comment
    I'll nominate MarvHarvey for King
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt: View Comment
    I'll nominate MarvHarvey for King
    Good choice

Gosh, I hope someone votes for you Matt. I had to vote for AbusiveMaster because of the two great blog entries he recently posted, otherwise it would have been you.
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 06:26 AM by Joan Sky
  15. Old Comment
    I'd quite like to be (un)known as gD's secret Éminence Grise... ;-)
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    Good choice

Gosh, I hope someone votes for you Matt. I had to vote for AbusiveMaster because of the two great blog entries he recently posted, otherwise it would have been you.
    Well I just stumbled across here and I saw your reply. So I'll nominate Matt for the King position.
  17. Old Comment
    I'm going to nominate Cassandra for Queen and Sain for King
  18. Old Comment
    I'll nominate Lyph for Queen
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 09:48 AM by LitDarkness (someone already nominated Matt)
  19. Old Comment
    Can I also nominate Kila for Queen? I know she would love to give out edges...
  20. Old Comment
    I have a question butterfly, I went through the last time's thread by ispuds and found last time number of candidates were limited to 5. I want to know is there any fixed number this time to shortlist to or everyone nominated and accepted is contending.

The info would help me estimate the potential average edges/spanks per loser and help me decide if I have the time to commit to this and whether to accept the nomination or not.

Also the deadline for accepting I assume is also 10th Sept.
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 10:34 AM by nina@
  21. Old Comment
    Unfortunately I am going to have to decline the very generous nomination. I don't believe in democracy and my eventual rule over this site will be a precursor to taking over the world through mind control and violence.
  22. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suballyzon View Comment
    Well I just stumbled across here and I saw your reply. So I'll nominate Matt for the King position.
    Thanks suballyzon
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    Unfortunately I am going to have to decline the very generous nomination. I don't believe in democracy and my eventual rule over this site will be a precursor to taking over the world through mind control and violence.
    Lol, amusing as always

Since Abusive Master declined, I nominate LitDarkness for getDare King.
  23. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    I don't believe in democracy
    Guess the question is whether this will be democracy or more like a monarchy.
  24. Old Comment
    Please keep it to one nomination a person. Even if that person declines. And dont specify king or queen as that is the person who accepts decision. They may choose which category suites then best.

No, I am not going to place a limit on how many people can be in the running, however if there are more than 5 or 6 for each category then I will probably have a prelimanary vote to try and get the pool smaller as I think that will be easier to manage.

All nominees have until Sept 10 to accept. I will post a list soon with who has been nominated so far and mark whether they have accepted or declined.
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    Thanks suballyzon

Lol, amusing as always

Since Abusive Master declined, I nominate LitDarkness for getDare King.
    I don't know if I could accept this or not since you already nominated someone though he declined.

I would have to think on it anyhow. Haven't been active lately.