Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 14 votes, 4.14 average.

getDare's Democratic Royal Court

Posted 08-30-2018 at 10:41 AM by Butterfly
Updated 08-30-2018 at 11:41 AM by Butterfly

A few years ago, ispuds ran the official getDare Presidential Election. Lola.fox won (by a very slim margin) and became the first getDare president. She has done such a wonderful job that we couldn't possible think of removing her from her position. Instead, I think it is time that getDare elects an official King and Queen!

That's right, I said elects. For getDare is a democracy, and the people of getDare should get to choose their King and Queen.

So how does this work?

Nominations
All candidates MUST be nominated by somebody else. You cannot self nominate. So if you have a friend, partner or even just somebody you look up to who you think would be perfect for this title, feel free to nominate them in the comments of this blog. Of course, all nominees have the right to turn down the nomination.

Deadline to nominate: September 10, 2018

Queen or King?
Each nominee may only run for one position. The reason we are choosing a Queen and King is to try and keep the votes fair. Last time we saw that the woman won by a landslide and had a clear advantage. That being said, we want to be as fair and inclusive as possible, so if you are nominated, please feel free to choose which role you feel most comfortable fulfilling.

Campaigns
After all of the candidates have been nominated and accepted, the campaigns will begin. An official campaign thread will be opened to announce the candidates and begin the bartering and bantering to secure votes.

Each candidate will be required to post a blog introducing themselves to getDare, explaining why they should win and outlining their campaign. Just like any political election, the candidates are encouraged to promote themselves, slander their opponents (playfully and harmlessly) and make "promises" (ie. spankings, tasks, etc.) to the members of getDare.

All promises and deals MUST be fulfilled when the election ends. The candidates can choose to make these deals privately, or post public offers. The promises can be based on the condition of winning (ie. If I win I will ...), or simply cost a vote (ie. For every vote I receive I will ... or If you vote for me I will ...).

Each candidate can recruit up to three members to join their campaign team. The campaign team may also provide promises and offers to secure votes. They must also be fulfilled after the voting has ended.

Forfeits

Once each nominee has accepted, they must send an PM to the official Royal Court Advisor (that's me!) with a forfeit. This forfeit can be anything at all: an edge bank, a certain length of denial, a photo idea for exposure etc. If the candidate does not win, they will need to go forward with their forfeit. Forfeits will remain private until the voting has ended.

Election
The vote will happen on October 1 and will remain open for 7 days. Two separate polls will be opened.

The Winners
The winners will:
  • Be allowed to choose a custom title
  • Gain entry to the Dungeon for a two month reign
  • Have the power to assign 1000 edges and 1000 spanks divided amongst the election losers
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated, both publicly and privately, in their campaign
  • And will have the ultimate bragging rights!

The Losers
The losers (anybody who is not the two winners) will:
  • Write a concession blog congratulating the winner on their victory
  • Complete the edges and/or spanks assigned to them by the winner before being allowed their next orgasm
  • Complete their forfeit and report on it in the official election thread
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated based on VOTES only (ie. For every person who votes for me, I will edge once)

Who should be our Queen and King???
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12400 Comments 78
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 78

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina@ View Comment
    Joanna, In my opinion you can't run as king if you identify as female as it is unfair for the guys and this category was created solely to address to the problem that females get more attention
    ^This!

I have tried to make the decision open for people in order to take into account those that identify as transgender, are transitioning, etc. However, the whole point is to keep things fair and equal, so please make the decision based on what you identify as, and not based on who you want to run against etc.

Thank you
  2. Old Comment
    Updated Nominations:

lilith_ - ACCEPTED
    LPV - DECLINED
    Butterfly - DECLINED
    Jaro - ACCEPTED
    Mr. Devious - ACCEPTED
    Kurious Kat - DECLINED
    Nina@ - ACCEPTED
    Joan Sky - DECLINED
    Marissa353 - ACCEPTED
    Unidentified - DECLINED
    IHeartFun - DECLINED
    AbusiveMaster - DECLINED
    MarvHarvey DECLINED
    Matt: - DECLINED
    Ly ph - ACCEPTED
    Cassandra - DECLINED
    Sain - ACCEPTED
    Kila
    LitDarkness - ACCEPTED
    Littlemissslave - DECLINED
    IceMaiden - DECLINED
    RachaelB1997 -DECLINED
    Slutpuppy - ACCEPTED
    Everill - DECLINED
    Foxy Rose - DECLINED
    Lightze - DECLINED
    Pet Monkey - ACCEPTED

You have until September 10 to accept or decline. You may also change your mind up until that date as well!
    Updated 09-10-2018 at 11:38 AM by Butterfly
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    ^This!

I have tried to make the decision open for people in order to take into account those that identify as transgender, are transitioning, etc. However, the whole point is to keep things fair and equal, so please make the decision based on what you identify as, and not based on who you want to run against etc.

Thank you
    I know you were probably just informing everyone for general awareness. I understand what you just mentioned now, and understood after she mentioned it then, and responded with an apology for wanting a chance to run and win alongside my Domme ~

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    I understand. I didn't mean to be unfair. Sorry everyone.

A girl can dream, huh?

If you choose to run then maybe I'll join as one of your three campaign staff, to be your Campaign Media Manager.

I am Joan Sky getDare News Reporter after all

Anyway, thanks for the great work you and the staff do! It is much appreciated. Keep it up!
    Updated 09-03-2018 at 08:17 PM by Joan Sky
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    I know you were probably just informing everyone for general awareness. I understand what you just mentioned now, and understood after she mentioned it then, and responded with an apology for wanting a chance to run and win alongside my Domme ~!
    Of course. I just wanted to make sure that it was clear to everybody.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Of course. I just wanted to make sure that it was clear to everybody.
    I know, great work, I was just making sure as well.

That's funny an exclamation mark popped up by my quote, even though I didn't put one there

I have narrowed down my decision to your suggestion of getDare Official Royal News Reporter to all the candidates, or nina@'s Campaign Media Manager contingent on her acceptance.

Your suggestion was awesome, I feel like I will decide soon enough.
    Updated 09-03-2018 at 09:30 PM by Joan Sky
  6. Old Comment
    Unfortunately I am going to have to decline my nomination at this time. I have a sick family member and will probably be spending a lot of time caring for her in the near future. Because of that, I would not be able to campaign the way that the nomination deserves. I am SO grateful to have been thought of. THANK YOU!
  7. Old Comment
    I nominate RachaelB1997 as queen and she deserves to win
    Posted 09-05-2018 at 05:43 PM by parkourking830 parkourking830 is offline
  8. Old Comment
    I am going to nominate Slutpuppy!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I am going to nominate Slutpuppy!

I accept

Thank youuuu
  10. Old Comment
    I nominate Everill because of his signature.
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    If you choose to decline your nomination you can always be the official royal news reported and interview all of the candidates?
    I accept your offer Butterfly

I decline my nomination for getDare Queen from the wonderful Matt.

Thank you for your offer. I am happy to report for everyone.

Joan Sky Official Royal News Reporter visiting everyone's castle soon!
    Updated 09-07-2018 at 06:35 AM by Joan Sky
  12. Old Comment
    I am going to decline as I am just so busy at the moment with other threads and life stuff and don't see that ending any time soon.

Good luck to everyone who plays!!
    Updated 09-07-2018 at 07:55 PM by Butterfly (changing color)
  13. Old Comment
    I'm going to have to decline because chaos would probably ensue.

Also i'm the biggest fan of the forfeits

Still didn't get that answer on the mascot though XD
    Updated 09-07-2018 at 03:51 PM by Everill
  14. Old Comment
    After careful consideration I have decided I will....
    accept!
  15. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    After careful consideration I have decided I will....
    accept!
    Oh I'm running against you, yay!
  16. Old Comment
    I just wanted to post and let people know that if your hesitation for accepting has to do with the possible edges and/or spankings, please don't let this deter you. As the official Royal Advisor, I will make sure that any edges or spankings handed out by the winner to the losers will respect each persons limits and personal circumstances. Nobody will end up in a situation where they feel as though they are in over their head.
  17. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parkourking830 View Comment
    I nominate RachaelB1997 as queen and she deserves to win
    Thank you for the nomination, but I would really like to see someone else take control.
  18. Old Comment
    I am going to nominate lightze... lets have a kitty king (or him super squirmy if he loses!)
  19. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Simi View Comment
    I am going to nominate lightze... lets have a kitty king (or him super squirmy if he loses!)
    Well thank you kindly Simi. **tips hat**
    But this here desporado has to mosy on and decline such a kind nomination.

Time is not on my side.
  20. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina@ View Comment
    Dang, I feel you are deserving Marissa, so I nominate you for gD Queen.. I am yet to decide who I want to nominate for gD king..
    I have been back and forth so many times on this. But I can't resist, I will accept the nomination for queen.
    Updated 09-09-2018 at 03:12 PM by amethyst353
  21. Old Comment
    I am going to nominate Foxy Rose for getDare Queen!
  22. Old Comment
    I thought she wanted us to only nominate one person. But yeah, Foxy Rose is a good choice too.

You're not the only one who did that. In the beginning many misunderstood, but she clarified it for us too

Quote:
    Please keep it to one nomination a person. Even if that person declines. And dont specify king or queen as that is the person who accepts decision. They may choose which category suites then best.
    Quote:
    I will accept all nominations as they stand but going forward please only nominate one person.
    Quote:
    This is a great idea and I'd like to nominate Miss Icey, aka IceMaiden for Queen!
    Quote:
    I am going to nominate Foxy Rose for getDare Queen!
    Updated 09-09-2018 at 03:58 AM by Joan Sky
  23. Old Comment
    I will officially accept my nomination.
  24. Old Comment
    After careful consideration, I feel while on one hand I may not be able to spend a lot of time or offer a lot to secure votes, I will definitely be able to do the bare minimum listed in the rules above and even more to the best of my ability. The organising a campaign part appeals to the organisation freak in me and even though I may not win, it could be a fun experience for me.

Thus, I accept my nomination for gD queen.

I will think a little on the forfeit and pm it to butterfly in a couple of days.
    Updated 09-09-2018 at 02:35 PM by nina@
  25. Old Comment
    Thank you for all of the nominations, and all those who have accepted or denied. I will wait until the end of the day tomorrow to see if any more are received and then I will be sending out the information to each of the people who accepted.

Some of you have already sent me your forfeit and that is great! If you haven't please take your time but try to get it to me over the next few days.

Also, I don't want to assume anything, so if you could please let me know if you are running for King or Queen that would be great!