Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Pooh is my spirit animal

Posted 02-17-2019 at 12:22 PM by Butterfly

I have been watching Christopher Robin today. If you haven't watched it, you absolutely MUST! It really is great. As I was sitting here giggling through the movie, I realized that I can really relate to Winnie the Pooh. In fact, I think he is my spirit animal.

Here are some of the similarities:

Hungry
Pooh is always hungry, and has a rumbly in his tumbly. He also has a sweet tooth, which is why he chooses honey. I am the same! I love chocolate and sweets. Although not a fan of honey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eda772c744b7031d492cdafe4cd36f24.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	837

Messy
Winnie the Pooh is always sticky and making a mess. One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Pooh is walking through Christopher Robins house, leaving a trail of honey behind him and he says "your floors are really sticky". It makes me giggle every time!

I am very messy too! I spill food on me, get my hands sticky, leave a trail of mess behind me. Mr. Devious has threatened to buy me a bib many times (although he never has!).

Clumsy
Winnie the Pooh is always getting stuck, hurt or getting himself in funny predicaments. I too am always finding myself in some sort of trouble. Whether it is getting glitter stuck in my eyeball, or tripping over a pillow and breaking my toes, my life can be rather ... exciting :P

Round and Cute
Pooh is round and adorable. He says the cutest things, and how can you not fall in love with his round little tummy. I don't know if I am quiet as adorable, but I do think I can be rather cute when I try.

Brave and Loyal
Winnie the Pooh is very brave and very loyal to his friends. Even when he is scared of heffalumps and woozles, he will do whatever he needs to do to help his friends. I am the same way. I will go out of my way to do what I can for my friends.

Name:	tumblr_lommvngV4N1r05dwko1_1280.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	838

Humble
Even though Pooh bear has a lot of amazing qualities, he is very humble and kind. He isn't conceited or full of himself. This is probably more because of my damaged self esteem, but I feel as though I am really humble. I do not think I am better than others. I am just me.

Silly
Pooh is a silly old bear. I like the sillyness!!!

Wise
Winnie the pooh is very wise. There is even a book about Poohisms published all about the wise things that Pooh says.

Just a few quotes from pooh to prove my point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
People say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day
Quote:
Sometimes when I’m going somewhere and I wait, somewhere comes to me
Quote:
A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside
Name:  1_bsr-hzOWNj5r0VVv4XDVSQ.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  88.1 KB

Quote:
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?
Quote:
You can’t always sit in your corner of the forest and wait for people to come to you… you have to go to them sometimes

Name:	cc41986279da350ca85c23ea06b123d6.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	840

Quote:
If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
Quote:
Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
Now, I don't feel like I am nearly as wise as Pooh, but I am the person that a lot of people count on to come and get advice from. I am an adviser, a teacher, a role model. I have tried denying that I am put into those roles, but it simply is true. I do my best to impart my wisdom and experience on others when they ask.

So yes,
Pooh is my spirit animal

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3311 Comments 13
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment
    Well, now if pooh only was a sloth...

but can't have everything...
  3. Old Comment
    Some pesky Canadian flying thing that I used to know once wrote a blog talking about bears that said:

Quote:
    Smelly. They poop in the woods ... how can they not be smelly. They are just absolute animals.
    So guess you must smell like Pooh too!!

Look how the times have changed though, finally realising that bears are the master race and moving on from moths with makeup!

Going to just leave this blog here as a little reminder!!! Muahahahaha... worth coming out of GD retirement for this :P
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tease View Comment
    Some pesky Canadian flying thing that I used to know once wrote a blog talking about bears that said:

Look how the times have changed though, finally realising that bears are the master race and moving on from moths with makeup!

Going to just leave this blog here as a little reminder!!! Muahahahaha... worth coming out of GD retirement for this :P
    Fucking hell! Of course you would choose today to read through my blog. I did not state I WAS a bear, just that I have the spirit of Pooh Bear.

Plus, we all know Pooh Bear is far more superior than Yogi bear.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    Fucking hell! Of course you would choose today to read through my blog. I did not state I WAS a bear, just that I have the spirit of Pooh Bear.

Plus, we all know Pooh Bear is far more superior than Yogi bear.
    Oh dear sweet Butterfly, I read all of your blogs it's that this one was too good an opportunity to not respond!!!

Of course you did not state that you WERE a bear, no no no.... we have standards after all and can't just let any old fluttering riff-raff be bears. It's good to have a dream though, I commend you.

(and ok maybe I secretly miss the banter and how wonderful you are).
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Oh dear sweet Butterfly, I read all of your blogs it's that this one was too good an opportunity to not respond!!!

Of course you did not state that you WERE a bear, no no no.... we have standards after all and can't just let any old fluttering riff-raff be bears. It's good to have a dream though, I commend you.
    Hahahahahahaha you're SO funny! Although I am flattered that you have continued to stalk me after all this time. That just goes to show how much you must idolize butterflies.

Quote:

(and ok maybe I secretly miss the banter and how wonderful you are).
    Such a shame this part was written so small. I fixed it for you though!
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Hahahahahahaha you're SO funny! Although I am flattered that you have continued to stalk me after all this time. That just goes to show how much you must idolize butterflies.

Such a shame this part was written so small. I fixed it for you though!
    Just as the CSIS, FBI, MI5, etc keep tabs on all known terrorists... even pretty flying supposedly cute and adorable ones with dreams of being bears!

and it was meant to be written small for a reason, I knew I should have opted for grey text to hide it!!!
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Just as the CSIS, FBI, MI5, etc keep tabs on all known terrorists... even pretty flying supposedly cute and adorable ones with dreams of being bears!

and it was meant to be written small for a reason, I knew I should have opted for grey text to hide it!!!
    An obsession is an obsession just the same :P

Hehe, told you bears aren't very smart!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    An obsession is an obsession just the same :P

Hehe, told you bears aren't very smart!
    What Obsession?!?! Nooooo the psychiatrist told me I was better.....errrr..... I mean what a ridiculous statement to make.

Oh and dear sweet Butterfly you can't say bears aren't very smart without now insinuating that you aren't very smart too since they are your spirit animal :P

It's why this blog is toooooooooo perfect, like an early Christmas present.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:

First of all, was shocked to see you.

Pooh being a sport animal of Butterfly's is weird too. But, now she is on the bear side.
  11. Old Comment
    So, does that mean she is all about the bear necessities?

Or is it bare necessities?

I'll let y'all debate that one. Good read, Butterfly.
  12. Old Comment
    I love this blog too much!!!

I haven't actually seen this yet...I have no idea why. I am going to get Daddy to watch it with me toooooo!
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment
    I love this blog too much!!!

I haven't actually seen this yet...I have no idea why. I am going to get Daddy to watch it with me toooooo!
    Do it and let me know how you like it. I thought it was amazing!!!