Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Staan's blog :p

Rate this Entry

i think i have a problem.

Posted 10-19-2009 at 10:54 AM by Trystaan

I seem to sleep all the time lately . And I mean like all the time. I have just got up from a three hour nap straight after school. I was just watching tv for like 5 minutes and i went.

Also yesterday I went to sleep for three hours randomly in the middle of the day, and then for two hours during the grand prix !

I keep falling asleep in school too, like a lot and I have to full on get woken up.

This is on top of 8 odd hours of sleep a night. :S

Trystan
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1433 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I don't think you'd be sleeping if your body didn't need it, but, give it another couple of days and then maybe go and see a doctor?
    Posted 10-19-2009 at 11:57 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Having spoken to you, you do quite a lot of exercise, so could be catching up on you, or it could be you've changed your routine recently, or are eating less, or have less energy for some other reason.

It could also be a reaction to stress, or you might not be sleeping as much at night as you think you are.

I have bouts of insomnia for a week or so, could be the opposite? I wouldn't be too concerned, try going to bed slightly earlier, getting up slightly later, exercising slightly less or eating slightly more, you should go back to normal soon.
  3. Old Comment
    You're just like me! I sleep ALL the time. xD
  4. Old Comment

not sleeping

This can be caused by all manner of things Tristan.

Falling asleep in front of the TV is normal. Picture this, you are at school all day, lots of energy expended, mentally as well as physical. Yes thinking is hard work. You may not have had a very good breakfast or lunch. By the time you get home you are drained. You sit in front of the TV, you don't have to think, you have gone from being active to the first real rest you've had all day. The flickering images and sounds relax you, and you fall asleep. Quite common in adults after work.

What is your diet like. Seems you exercise a lot. Have a hectic day at school. Are going through puberty and the growth spurt. You need a surprisingly large ammount of energy to cope with all this. As well as a good cereal based breakfast and a healthy lunch and dinner, you need something for morning tea. afternoon tea, and supper to keep your energy levels up. Have fruit and snack bars in your bag, snack on one when your begining to dose.

Medical conditions like the begining of diabetes can cause tiredness. Having a viral or bacterial infection that perhaps is not bad enough for you to really notice but that takes additional energy to fight will hit you with tiredness. Take your temperature, is it higher than normal >37.5C. Are you sweating more. Headache, body aches, etc. Try some paracetamol, if you feel better something in going on in your body.

Your sleep may not be as good as it used to be. Are you more restless. Have nightmares. Wake in the moring feeling tired. Is there new noises in or outside the house. A new baby. Do you tend to think alot when in bed. Do you go to bed to sleep, or watch TV prior to going to sleep, etc. Do you snore loudly, or has anyone commented on your apparent lack of appearing to breath accassionally, sleep apnea, all these conditions will cause tireness durring the day.
    Updated 10-21-2009 at 05:08 AM by EnigmaNZ