Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Why I hate ASL - AgeSexLocation

Posted 08-11-2020 at 10:33 AM by CSasha
Updated 08-12-2020 at 07:52 AM by CSasha

ASL = Age Sex Location

It's one of the most annoying questions for me popping up, especially via the abbreviation as it is used early on in conversations. For me, it's one of the most horrific turn offs.

Age = for me, the difference between this year and the year of my birth

For you: Most positively thinking, you might try to guess what music, culture, and habits I know or am into on the base of my age. That's the most mannered I can think of. But then, it's a pretty wild guess. More likely, anyone asking for my age refers to my fuckability, young ages preferred. In the best context, people might seek for a certain maturity. Then again, age is no guarantee and if you made considerably internet experience not even an indication for manners, personal growth, empathy, and social skills.

How about you tell me the age frame you are looking for, and to make me feel better, accompany it with your age number. It would make it most easy to give away if I am in or out of what you are looking for, and not feel bad at all or give away personal information you don't need. If you seek certain maturity, ask according questions which reveal it. Ask me about my opinion about things I should have a serious, educated opinion on. Ask me for my experiences. Give away yours to make it a back and forth. Give me something to relate to, and my statements will reveal whatever you have an eye on to filter out trouble.

Sex = for me, one of the most complicated things in the world. I am Gamma. And I am me. The concept reply you might be most familiar with would be Human being. Maybe Non-binary to give you a clue that you open a door to an abyss of information for you.

For you: in my best thoughts, you want to check me out if I might fit your attraction scheme. Sex, what do you even mean? Do you like beards or smooth skin, pubic's shaven or not, an athletic body, muscles, a slim body shape, curves, flat chests, small tits, big (man or woman) boobs, long head hair or bald heads, (male or female) make-up, certain speech tones or patterns, certain socially gendered behavior schemes and attitudes, profession preferences, penis, vagina, nullified sex organs, ejaculation fluids, body odor, and of all these, what kind of? It doesn't tell me anything else than that you think there is a general sex scheme everybody in the world uses. It's not!
In the worst case, you are asking for a base to discriminate me on. Why else would you ask other than to treat me different?

How about you tell me your must-have's and/or no-go's/limits regarding sexual attributes instead? Seeking sex/kinky session/play relationship with must-have-vagina and no-way-penis. Or any other combination of what I listed. Direct but honest. I can deal with that. If you are flexible and just want to know for a dare, make it a part of a question, like: "Can I give you dares involving your penis/vagina?"
When asked for my sex, I'll never tell you if I have a penis or vagina, or balls, or tits. I might if you directly ask for those. Or, in my case, I have some online accounts with body pics of mine. So you just might ask for the links and inform yourself about what you are looking for.

Location = for me, very personal data you don't need unless you want to send me gifts or meet me in person (possibly for a fuck or play session)

For you: in my best thoughts, checking up if we can meet, and for the other case, getting to know more about my time zone, cultural background, and legal frame for dares. In the worst case, you haven't even thought about what you do with this information other than feeling in control since I gave it away and you possibly not yet.

How about you ask me if I am near your location which you state with the question, what time zone I am in, what things I like, what's important for me, and what else you like to know to get to know me, between answering my questions about you or giving away the most important on your own?

In summary: there are way better ways to get your answers. Don't be lazy and use "asl?". It's a bad habit decreasing your chances to connect and possibly get laid.
Views 6521 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    For some reason I thought this was going to be about sign language lol
  2. Old Comment
    I agree for the most part, but I don't think I fully agree with your take on the question about age.

I have to preface this by saying that I haven't asked for 'A/S/L' since I was something like 16 years old chilling in IRC channels about Transport Tycoon or something . And I've never used it in any kind of 'cybersex' sense...

But whenever I asked about age back then, it was to determine whether someone was of a similar age as me or not. Such a simple bit of knowledge does help build a frame of reference. Are your experiences likely to be similar to mine, are you in the same phase of life as I am, etc.

I don't think asking about age is "more likely" a matter of determining whether someone's nice and "fuckable". If you can honestly say that you'd converse with a 67 year old about the exact same things you would an 18 year old, then I don't know whether to applaud you or to say that's naïve .

Of course I can only speak for myself and your own experiences have played a big role in you forming your opinion. So I can't discount your take on "A/S/L"; I only offer my own opinion/experience with the phrase .
  3. Old Comment
    Somehow this pretty much perfectly captures how I feel about a/s/l, especially those who open with a/s/l.

Thanks for putting it into words!
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    For some reason I thought this was going to be about sign language lol
    I did too and was curious on why Cass was learning american sign language when she is in Germany.
  5. Old Comment
    I used to come across this on Omegle.
    Stranger: A/S/L
    Me: I'm age/sex/location
    Stranger: left the conversation
    Me:
  6. Old Comment
    My most recent asl conversation:

Him: Anyway whats your asl?
    Me: 40, non-binary, Germany
    Him: What are your Likes and Limits?
    Me: My Limits are illegal, permanent damage, life ruiner, and any people who don't play with people with a penis.
    Him: I don't play with people with a penis
    Me: Then sexually playing with you is against my limits. Sorry.
  7. Old Comment
    If someone says "asl?" I immediately lose all of my interest *yawn*