Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Flirting & Crushes

Posted 03-30-2019 at 09:21 PM by Butterfly

So .... I am a friendly person. Sometimes that gets me in trouble because it gives the wrong message. People will read my friendliness as being flirty and I truly don't mean to do that. I just naturally come across as flirty. However, it is just a part of my personality. I don't even realize that I am doing it most of the time.

But I am also flirt blind. If I wasn't told point blank that somebody had been flirting with me, I honestly wouldn't believe it. I can't imagine people wanting to flirt with me, and so I guess I don't pick up on those signals.

Thank goodness I have never really had to do the flirting/courting thing. Both times I have been in long term relationships, it really just happened naturally and I didn't need to pursue the person.

However ... as people know, Mr. Devious and I are open to playing with other people. And sometimes I get crushes on people. I stumble across somebody who I have a good connection with, somebody who might make me feel super subby, or super little, or maybe who I want to bring to their knees and make them cry in a really hot way ...

But I have no idea how to intentionally flirt. How do I do the flirting dance so that I can test the waters instead of putting a friendship in jeopardy?

How am I almost 30 years old and fail and something as simple as flirting?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1021 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh well,
    this flirting thing...

When I was about your age, I think I acted and felt very similar. I had relationships, but without a flirting dance from my side. I *think* I might have not seen several signals from other women, but who knows?

Before that time, as a teenager, I was *very* shy and blushed, whenever a girl was talking to me. I would not like to feel like this again.

Now, I am still the same person, but with some more years of social experience. I love to look into a nice womans eyes, smiling and not looking away, not too long to make her feel uncomfortable. I am still a shy person, and may still blush, e.g. if someone finds out a lie or makes a nice compliment about me.
    But I can live with that now, and it may be my way of flirting today, converting disadvantages in advantages. You are still the same person (who else?), but you change the way how you look at yourself.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    How am I almost 30 years old and fail and something as simple as flirting?
    Don't ask me, I'm 50% older than you and still have not the first idea about being either the flirter or the flirtee. Like you I'd never notice if someone was flirting with me, and I don't have a single clue how I'd go about flirting with someone, or indeed why they'd ever want me to flirt with them in the first place!
  3. Old Comment
    I feel your pain, comrade. I really do. I'm oblivious to flirting towards me (either I don't notice when someone is flirting or else I think something is flirting when it isn't) and don't know how to properly flirt back.

It is rough.