Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Maggy

Rate this Entry

It's been a while...

Posted 09-21-2011 at 05:41 AM by Maggy

It's been a while since I posted one of Maggy's memories. I suppose I've been (at the risk of making Sally giggle) procrastinating.

Today's a rainy day. An extremely rainy day. And Maggy's in a foul, foul mood today. I don't think I've fealt this blue in a long time... So, to make myself feel better, here's a rain-themed memory...

As some of you already know, Maggy and his friends like to play darts and have a darts night every Tuesday. Usually, we play for cash, but a few years ago, (before I left for New Zealand) we decided to have a little fun. It was chucking it down with rain so, as the rain usually does to us, it was making us feel a little mischievious.

The game was simple. We'd all play a game of "round the clock." A variation of darts that involves hitting every number on the board, in order, from 1 to 20, before hitting the bull to win. The last two to hit the bull, it was decided, were to run outside, in the pouring rain, from here to the pond and back, stark naked.

Of course, Maggy's more of a consistent thrower. I'm better at standard darts because I'm usually aiming for the same spot every time, averaging a score of, usually, 100- 140. But moving around the bored is somethiing different and, in the end, poor Maggy came up short, being only on 15 when the last bull was struck.

So, reluctantly, I got my kit off, alongside my mate Andrew, and together we stood shivering at the front door, looking out at the downpour. To make sure we did it, we were going to be followed by a couple of the others... So there'd be no opting out of this one. The countdown ended and, wanting the whole thing to be over, we ran out into the rain and up the big hill towards Alison Park.

I was in too much of a rush to check and see if people could see us through their windows, focusing on the park alone. Eventually we got there and, naturally, the park was empty thanks to the weather. We eventually reached the pond and stopped to catch our breath. The rain was freezing and, needless to say, certain parts of Maggy had shrunk away from the cold. The two of us were soaked right through but we couldn't help but laugh.

Running back, we took the faster route this time. It was risky, taking us along the middle of the villiage, but it was faster. Maggy having all the luck of an anvil hung by an elastic band, we end up running past an old primary school friend of mine. Hoping against hope she wouldn't recognise us in the rain, I merely waved at her as we ran past and continued on our way. (I soon recieved a text from her informing me that I had, indeed, lost my mind.)

All in all, it was the most fun I've ever had in the rain, or ineed running.

Writers note: To those reading my story, I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted. I'll be putting the next part up asap.

Sowisa.
Posted in Memories.
Views 1285 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments