Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Butterfly's toy box: Hitachi Magic Wand

Posted 02-02-2016 at 03:57 PM by Butterfly

*Disclaimer: These reviews are my own opinion. I do not work for any company who sells these toys. I do not profit in anyway. They are simply my opinions and experiences. I also do not speak to the safety of any particular toy and am not responsible for your safety when you use a particular toy. I also do not promise that you will have a similar experience to mine. If your opinion or experience is different from mine, please share it in the comments as I am only one person and the more people who comment, the better the review.

For my first toy review, I am going to review a toy that I think everything girl should own or at least experience ...

The Hitachi Magic Wand

Description

This product is now sold as "the original wand" by most retailers.

As you can probably guess, this gadget is a vibrator. Its original intended purpose was for treating sore muscles in the neck and neck. However, in the 1960's it was discovered that it brought a lot of pleasure to a woman in other regions and it became known for helping woman achieve a clitoral orgasm. It features a large head with two vibrating settings. Low and High. It is very powerful even on its low setting. It gets it power through an electrical cord rather than using batteries.

There are also a lot of attachments that you can purchase to go with the wand to make things more interesting. If anybody is interested, I can review some attachments in a later blog.

Price

This vibrator is a bit on the pricey side. My first wand was purchased through a sex shop website and retailed for about $70.00 CAD. However, recently we needed to purchase a new one (after 3 years) and it was a lot less, about $45.00 CAD found on amazon. Most retailers sell this product and you can probably find it on sale with a bit of shopping around.

Pros
  • Lots of POWER
  • No batteries
  • Easy to clean
  • Lasts a long time
  • Easy to turn off and on
  • Easy to use with a partner and/or by yourself

Best Feature

Power!! This is most powerful vibe I have ever used, even on low.

Cons
  • Not very discrete. The wand is a bit on the nosier side, and it deffinetly isn't very small.
  • The cord is relatively short. This can be easily fixed with the use of an extension cord.
  • There are only two power settings. This is easily fixed with the purchase of a control dial which allows you to slowly increase the intensity from off to full power (I have not tried any of those products)
  • Some people have found that the vibrations are too powerful to use for a long time.

Worst Feature

The size and noise of this vibrator makes it not very discrete. If you live with other people, or are travelling, it can make it difficult to use it inconspicuously.

My experience

I have used this vibrator in many different ways over the years.

When I use it alone, I love to use it to edge. I rest it against my clit and hold my finger on the power button. When I turn it on, it doesn't take me long to get close, and I quickly turn it off. And then begin again.

Asslvr and I have used it together as well. He has used it on me during play: on my clit for edging, tied between my legs for forced orgasms, held between my legs during intercourse, held against a plug in my ass, or with the attachments.

I have also used the wand on Asslvr. I have held it under his head and between his balls and asshole. We have also used a sleeve attachment for him.

Would I recommend it to others?

Yes, yes and YES!!!! I think every girl needs to experience the magic wand at one time in her life. It truly is magical!

Please share your comments and experiences in the comments, especially if they are different from what I have described above, or if I forgot to mention anything. Please also ask any questions, and I will try my best to answer them.
Views 1823 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    If you would like to have a say in which toy gets reviewed next, please vote here or else leave a comment on my blog, on the photo of the toy you would like me to review, or on the voting thread.
  2. Old Comment
    Yay! My wand's name is Wanda. She's amazing, and I truly think every woman should have one of these. Amazing. What attachments do you have?
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emmyred View Comment
    Yay! My wand's name is Wanda. She's amazing, and I truly think every woman should have one of these. Amazing. What attachments do you have?
    That is so funny because my first one was named Wanda http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=74303.

I have a gspot attachment and one with a clit, vaginal and anal piece all in one. We also used to have a sleeve attachment. I'll review them in a seperate blog.

Do you have any attachments?
  4. Old Comment
    You've convinced me! I NEED one!
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eivins View Comment
    You've convinced me! I NEED one!
    Yay!!! I think it is definetly a worthy investment.
  6. Old Comment
    I must buy one of these for Lizzy! She's so amazingly wonderful and darling that I can't resist! Even if I'm technically sleeping right now... I will surely remember posting this when I wake up. *hypnotises self*
    -said in a deep and very manly Dutch accented voice. Ik ben een slaaf.
  7. Old Comment
    I love the wand! It is easily one of my favorite toys to use on butterfly. The dp attachment is amazing! The sleave attachment I only got to try once and was so so.

Great review sweetie
  8. Old Comment
    Yay! I was wondering about attachments, so I look forward to those reviews And thank you for this one. I was wondering if you've had any issues with it over-heating? Mine always gets hot around 20ish minutes (I'm not overly sensitive, so I tend to need longer plays which doesn't make the wand a fantastic fit for me), but I haven't found a solution to that yet.
    Posted 02-02-2016 at 10:29 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  9. Old Comment
    I have had this for a few years. I actually bought a dimmer plug which is basically an extension cord with a slider on it that "dims" the power. When the wand is plugged into the dimmer, the "low" setting can be turned down to a much lower vibration. This makes the wand a whole lot more versatile. Low and High are both pretty high. Low on dimmer about halfway is a whole lot more gentle.

The dimmer was about $11 from a big box home center.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    Yay! I was wondering about attachments, so I look forward to those reviews And thank you for this one. I was wondering if you've had any issues with it over-heating? Mine always gets hot around 20ish minutes (I'm not overly sensitive, so I tend to need longer plays which doesn't make the wand a fantastic fit for me), but I haven't found a solution to that yet.
    I'm looking forward to sharing my review on the attachments. They really do make the wand a lot more versatile.

Mine does overheat at times as well, however I find if I take breaks in between instead of running it for 20 minutes consistently then it doesn't heat up as much. I usually don't need it on for a very long time before I am ready to cum (it's a blessing and a curse). I also will note my older wand was louder and heated up quicker than my newer wand so maybe it is something they are working on?
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pfantom View Comment
    I have had this for a few years. I actually bought a dimmer plug which is basically an extension cord with a slider on it that "dims" the power. When the wand is plugged into the dimmer, the "low" setting can be turned down to a much lower vibration. This makes the wand a whole lot more versatile. Low and High are both pretty high. Low on dimmer about halfway is a whole lot more gentle.

The dimmer was about $11 from a big box home center.
    Oh! I really like this idea!

I might have to try and pick one of these up. I am already imagining a bunch of different evil scenarios.