Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Butterfly Inc.

Posted 11-29-2020 at 01:32 AM by Butterfly
Updated 11-29-2020 at 02:12 AM by Butterfly

Power exchange relationships are complicated. When you are ethically non-monogamous and have multiple dynamics and relationships, it is even more complicated. It takes a LOT of organization and communication to make it work.

Each of my dynamics have different but similar systems in place to make things run smoothly. We have a list of rules, a spreadsheet to track tasks and deadlines, folders for pictures and media, journal entries, calendars to track free time, tasks, play time, date nights, etc.

Doesn't that all sound super sexy? I know your panties are just soaked at the thought of spreadsheets and bullet points! You have a hard on for color coded calendars that show when I am going to demand you drop your pants. But in all seriousness, I know it boring and very unsexy, but it is a necessary evil when trying to balance 4 - that's right, FOUR - different dynamics/relationships, in FOUR different timezones!

Just moments ago I ended a phone call with my gerbil. Tonight I really did feel like I was running Butterfly Inc.

I woke up this morning just in time for Jaro's live Truth or Dare game. Thankfully Mr. D was a saint and made me a wonderful breakfast/lunch to eat while we answered questions.

After that I had some housework to get done so that Mr. D and I were ready for our upcoming work week.

I spent time discussing plans with Analyst and working a few things we needed to discuss. We ended just in time for Mr. D to get home with Dinner.

I had dinner around 6:00 with Mr. D and we discussed some household things and then how our night was going to be go.

Next, I had to update my meal and feelings log for Analyst. We then had our date night (we are watching Greys Anatomy together) we then spoke about a very exciting subject - a collar (but shhhh we aren't going there yet).

Our time always goes by too fast and it was suddenly time to say goodbye and get ready for my weekly call with Jaro. We typically do this scheduled time on Fridays but neither of us were feeling up to it so it was pushed to tonight. We didn't play tonight, though we typically do try during this scheduled time.

When I finished speaking with Jaro, I had just a few minutes to run to the bathroom (with permission) before Gerbil called.

We spent our 30 minute time going over his weekly report, discussing goals for the upcoming week, and prioritizing outstanding tasks.

When I hung up, I kind of just let out a big sigh and slumped in my chair.

That was a bit exhausting!

None of these blocks of time were sexy, or overly thrilling (though Grey's is a whole other dimension of drama), however they all felt good. I feel connected with all of my partners on an emotional level. I feel like we have discussed the important things - there is nothing hanging over our heads. I feel like I have things in order to start a new and fresh week. I feel organized.

Although I feel a bit exhausted as I am getting ready to crawl into bed with Mr. D for cuddles, I am content. I feel loved. I feel wanted. I feel needed. And that is why the corporate/business elements are important. They may not be sexy, but they are tools for good communication and they allow things to run smoothly so that we have time for the sexy fun things.

Sometimes being poly feels like I am running a business - a full time job - but don't misinterpret. I wouldn't change it. I love each one of my partners and dynamics and they are worth the work, the exhaustion, the effort. They are mine!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 819 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Um, could you have your secretary pencil me in for penciling you in nightly for the rest of the upcoming week, thank you.

Can indeed attest to the lack of sexy spontaneity for scheduled, time constrained sexy time, though even when it's randomly I can hear that cutesy voice in my head asking, so I guess it never is really too sultry.

In either case, it can't really work at all if there was no planning, especially with so many people. It would just be each person getting interrupted by the other.

Aside from a primary if she exists out in the world, I think two would be my max unless on assisted with the others, haha.
    Updated 11-29-2020 at 01:48 AM by Analyst