Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

Things not to do when someone is showing you their body per your request

Posted 09-10-2022 at 01:28 AM by pluky

Maybe it's just me, I thought I'd compile these few from my experience with those Kik games :

- body shaming them, or suggesting they should improve this or that (if it wasn't the theme of the thread and they didn't sign up for that)

- telling someone that's a complete stranger to you they should shave

- telling them they are seeking attention, when you asked for the pics

- showing them your nudes, that they didn't request... at least ask first, you're the one requesting a pic, doesn't mean the other person wants to see your penis
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I would summarize those four - very reasonable and correct - items with "be polite, be human, be friendly, be gracious".

Besides, Pluky is a wonderful lady.
  2. Old Comment
    Well said. I agree 100%.
  3. Old Comment
    Should just be grateful that someone is willing to show them their body. If you have nothing nice to say - say nothing at all.
  4. Old Comment
    This depends. Some people have a kink for body shaming. If you look at the dare forums, these are teeming with people asking you to shame them when they send you the pics (mostly men, but some women too). Others get turned on by degradation, and want to be verbally abused. However, knowing how to do it is an art - some words or phrases can trigger bad memories and put the person off, so before you engage in that, it makes sense to get to know the sub better.

Some people (male poser-doms especially), like to demean women to make them feel vulnerable. This is a trick employed by those deplorable "pick up artists" who frequent bars wearing weird hats, trying to pick up women by insulting them.

Degradation, clearly, is not your kink. It is still a kink that some others enjoy. So don't generalize. That said, make sure that the person that you share photos with knows that degradation is one of your limits. In the world of kink, clear communication is your friend.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Runesmith View Comment
    Degradation, clearly, is not your kink. It is still a kink that some others enjoy. So don't generalize. That said, make sure that the person that you share photos with knows that degradation is one of your limits. In the world of kink, clear communication is your friend.
    While I agree that body shaming or degradation can be common kinks, I don't think that the onus should be on the person sharing their photos to make it clear that nasty names and unkind words shouldn't be used.

Consent is important and so is communication. If the person has not shared their photo with the understanding that they want to be degraded or shamed, then I think the rules listed here are less about generalizing and more about common sense and general decency.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    While I agree that body shaming or degradation can be common kinks, I don't think that the onus should be on the person sharing their photos to make it clear that nasty names and unkind words shouldn't be used.

Consent is important and so is communication. If the person has not shared their photo with the understanding that they want to be degraded or shamed, then I think the rules listed here are less about generalizing and more about common sense and general decency.
    Yeah, hence why I said if the theme of the thread is not about that kind of reaction

Quote:
    (if it wasn't the theme of the thread and they didn't sign up for that)
    ...meaning you're just sharing your picture neutrally and you didn't sign up for degradation or such in any way.
    Updated 09-11-2022 at 08:20 AM by pluky
  7. Old Comment
    Even if the girl is into degradation, it is also better to check what are the name you can call them with or not.

I have had the mistake of using the wrong name so I always remember to check first now.

That to be said, I doubt the person who send out degrading remarks described here would care even if you tell them it is one of your limits. I think that's what this blog is about.
  8. Old Comment
    i'm sorry these comments were made to you ): the same people who impose their kinks on you are the same ones who'll complain that there's no 'real women' here they can't comprehend why.
  9. Old Comment
    The fact that she posted it in her blogs kind of shows us that it is something that she doesn't like. It's not meant to be generalized. I mean this is BDSM guys, everyone is allowed to have there own rules to enjoy stuff.

Dom's are the ones in control so l think a Dom should make sure that they aren't touching one of there subs limits. I don't think it would be right to say that it's the responsibility of a sub to ensure it everytime.