Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.

I'm not scared

Posted 07-12-2020 at 02:11 AM by Butterfly

(Please excuse any typos, it's 3 am and I am in bed writing this on my phone)

The other night, I was laying in bed messaging my Dom (oh, by the way, I have a Dom!) and he was teasing me about an idea that has popped into his head. He asked me if I was scared. It took me a moment to answer. My heart was beating, my mind was racing, my mouth was a bit dry (and ok, maybe, just MAYBE my clit was throbbing) ... I was a bit nervous but I wasn't scared.

And I think that is how it should be!

I like to say that I'm scary. I like knowing that people are a bit intimidated by me as a Domme. That I might be a wild card because they don't know what to expect with me. However, I don't ever want my subs (or any play partners) to legit be afraid of me.

I want to push my subs to try new things, so it's ok if they are scared of trying something new. I want them to obey and please me, so it's ok if they are scared to disappoint me. But I don't want them to fear me.

That is where trust comes in.

Although it's only been a few weeks, I already feel the trust building with my Dom. When he teased me with the task, I was nervous in anticipation but I wasn't scared. I knew that whatever the task was, we would talk about it. I knew that my voice would be heard, that I could negotiate and discuss it. I knew that my Dom would be there to help walk me through the task. And on some level, I knew (even though it's so early) that he wouldn't push me to do something that he knew I wasn't ready for.

I'm not afraid .... And it feels really good.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1350 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm really happy for you Miss. Nervous but not scared. Maybe a little intimidated.. but also anxious in a good way. Isn't that great?
  2. Old Comment
    I am really happy for you! It's a feeling I think no sub ever tires of. A challenge, a need to please and a hope that things go well.
    Posted 07-13-2020 at 08:32 AM by SilvertongueLyra SilvertongueLyra is offline