Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

+200% more replies with any avatar

Posted 06-04-2017 at 11:12 AM by CSasha
Updated 12-23-2017 at 04:27 AM by CSasha

Change your avatar. Now!

Clothes make the man.
Fine feathers make fine birds.

You may be new here on getDare, or you might just not have cared for this detail so far. So let me tell you why you should change your avatar immediately:

You look like an idiot. I guess you are not, but the default blank collar avatar is exactly the one which represents the majority of those idiots who annoy and spam me with badly informed awefully written messages.

Everything gets started somewhere, and I welcome any new user on getDare. So no shame that you start with this same avatar. But change it as soon as you can. It doesn't need much. It doesn't have to be your last avatar. You don't even have to keep it for any time. Many users change their avatar all the time. Just a first short picture of something you like -the non-sexual or sexual way- it makes such a difference already!

The default avatar makes you look like:
1. One of many. I don't want to talk or listen to one of many. Do you?

2. An idiot, especially the annoying ones who are disliked by most.

3. Someone who didn't commit or doesn't care about themselves. Why should I ever care about you or one of your messages, ads or posts then?

4. Incapable of communication: Different people have different skills and level of communication. I am not the best either. But I still choose with whom I spend more time and with whom less. Signs for bad communication let me tend to the latter one. I am most probably not alone with this attitude.

A unique avatar makes you:
1. Stand out of the crowd. You are someone unique and special. Let your avatar show that. If you think or feel you are not worth it: wrong! Make yourself valuable for potential owners, buyers, tops, and doms. Proof your worth by changing your avatar now!

2. Express yourself. I want to know who I am talking to, PMing with, getting in contact and relation in general. No matter how little time you spent on choosing your avatar, it will always tell me something about you. You also advertise what you are or like. "Oh, I do/didn't know this fetish/artist/brand/... That looks cute/interesting/beautiful/familiar ..."

3. Get more and better replies. That you have changed your avatar means you committed some time to your account. Even more with more details on your profile and signature. You show and remind me that you are Human.

4. Less anonymous. Since you took more time to develop your account and profile, it's less likely to me that you spoil that effort by ruining your reputation with stupid words or foolish actions. I trust you more, and I am willing to put more time and concentration into any replies. Additionally, it's more likely any mistress, master, sub or slave gets in touch with you just by themselves.

No excuses. Change your avatar now!

While you are on that, you might want to change your profile picture for the same reason, too. Yes, avatar and profile are something different. The avatar is the picture in your posts and private messages. Your profile pricture upgrades your user profile, the page where others get more details about you when they consider to write you. Just to make sure you get that, too.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It annoys me somewhat too when people can't be bothered with choosing an avatar pic. It takes so little effort and it makes a big difference.

Still, I have come across very good users here who do not have an avatar.
  2. Old Comment
    Very good point. First impressions do matter.
  3. Old Comment
    for some reason I do find it annoying when someone does not have an avatar. It's really not much effort to add one.
  4. Old Comment
    I typically don't respond to those without an avatar or a basic description of themselves. It's mostly, I want to know the cover of the story I am about to read.