Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Random Stuff I enjoy
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Female Ejaculation Films To Be Banned In Australia

Posted 01-17-2010 at 06:05 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

This is absolutely hilarious. My sincere apologies to our Australian readers. Between this and the mandatory net censorship it looks like you are in for one hell of a ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros
The Classification Board have determined that female ejaculation is not a real event and therefore all issue from a women’s vagina is piss and therefore covered under the parameters in the Guidelines for ‘golden showers’. This means that if the shower happens to land on the body or in the mouth it is determined to be an offensive
SysOp
Posted in Random
Old

Google & China / Depp Muses About Work

Posted 01-13-2010 at 03:25 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Tags china, google, jobs, work

Posting about two things today. I'm really impressed with Google's recent statement that they are seriously thinking of pulling out of China. Hopefully, over time government censorship will leave that country. I really hope this starts a trend with companies like Microsoft, Yahoo!, and Disney jumping on board. Unfortunately I'm too pessimistic to really believe it.

On a more personal note I'm preparing to look for a new job. I've spent the last week working on my portfolio and hope to...
SysOp
Old

I can see you!

Posted 12-21-2009 at 11:48 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Had a magical night this evening. It was just cold enough that nobody came to the beach here in Southern California, but not so cold you couldn't have a bonfire with some close friends.

A group of teens set up a couple hundred feet away from us late in the evening. It was just us and them on the beach tonight. As we packed up to go I watched them briefly and saw they were starting a game of Truth or Dare. Some of them had their phones out while deciding rules and playing. As I left with...
SysOp
Old

Depp the Stalker

Posted 11-09-2009 at 10:15 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Tags albums, stalker

I was looking through the albums and saw a picture of a place I walk through almost every weekend. To think there are getDare peeps there is scary! You freaks are everywhere.
SysOp
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

You guys make me smile!

Posted 11-09-2009 at 10:24 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

So occasionally some nut thinks I will bend the rules for him if he spams my inbox. Unfortunately I never check my e-mail (why the contact us forum went away) and the server filters out this sort of junk.

Unfortunately for these individuals I enjoy their desperation. Their abuse only brings smiles to my face. This latest e-mail is a real gem.

I'm not quite sure what pissed off user this is, but last week someone called me "Dick Davenport" and said they infected...
SysOp
Old

Damn you Google Chrome!

Posted 07-28-2009 at 12:30 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I'm developing some new sites and have been having a hell of a time with Google Chrome. I expect trouble from IE, but Chrome?

Every major browser now supports @font-face. Not Chrome. Interestingly Safari, a browser based on the same engine, has done this for quite a while now. Even IE has supported @font-face since IE6! It's been supported in the Chrome betas since January but after 6-7 months it is still nowhere to be seen.

I've also run into a Chrome bug that randomly...
SysOp
Old

Introducing... The Gender Guesser!

Posted 05-13-2009 at 08:39 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 05-13-2009 at 08:44 PM by depp

This website has a cool algorithm that was the result of a university research project whose goal was to evaluate the gender of an author. It's not 100% accurate but with larger amounts of text it gets scary close most of the time.

Quote:
In 2003, a team of researchers from the Illinois Institute of Technology and Bar-Ilan University in Israel (Shlomo Argamon, Moshe Koppel, Jonathan Fine, and Anat Rachel Shimoni) developed a method to estimate gender from word usage. Their paper described a Bayesian
SysOp