Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.

Sloth Day!!!!

Posted 02-16-2019 at 08:43 PM by Butterfly

Today was one of the best days ever! I got to meet a sloth <3 I was so excited I was ready to burst. I almost cried when Chloe came on stage.

I am obsessed with sloths right now. I have FOUR sloth stuffies (Sunday, Bedhead, Sid and Flash). They are so adorable, but nothing compared to a real live sloth!

(If you don't believe me, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqzdHTpKJbw)

So when I found out that a real live sloth was coming to our City and that we could go and meet it, I begged Daddy to let me go. Of course he said yes (cause duh, I am a princess!).

When we got there, the mammal and birds show was just starting. They brought out a skunk, an armadillo, a barn owl and then A SLOTH!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	833

OMG!

She was sooooo cute.

Unfortunately we were not allowed to touch her because sloths are very susceptible to germs and have almost no immune system.

I went in knowing this, but it still made me sad that we couldn't touch her. How was I supposed to implement my well concocted plan to steal her if I couldn't even touch her.

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	834

However, we also learned that sloths are the second dirtiest mammal on earth. They grow algae on their fur, and bugs burrow into them which they then scoop up and eat when they get tired of eating leaves and other salady type things. They also only go to the bathroom every 10 days! And when they do, they can lose 20% of their body weight ... thats a big poop!

I decided I wasn't too sad about not being allowed to bring her home. I think I will stick to my less dirty sloth stuffies (although one of them keeps getting pretty moist since spaghetti likes to steal it and suckle on the fur).

After the show, Chloe was walked around on the stage so we could go up and take photos of her. I also got to take a #slothie (a sloth selfie)!

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	836

When Chloe had to leave, we walked around the rest of the show. There were a LOT of snakes. I wanted nothing to do with them. There were staff walking around holding them and I was terrified I was going to accidentally get close to one. My best friends husband kept trying to scare me because he likes my high squeaky freaked out voice. RUDE!

We got to see ferrets, toads, a crocodile, lizards, owls, guinea pigs, bunny rabbits, a tarantula, and another of my favorites, a TORTOISE! He was amazing. He was just chilling out on the floor and sometimes he would start to walk, he was actually pretty fast considering ...

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	835

All in all it was a great day!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1315 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sounds like you had the time of your life. You really bring life to your post.
  2. Old Comment
    Sounds like a great day indeed. I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. I also heard that the only reason a sloth will come out of its tree is to poop! They are crazy animals indeed.

Quote:
    implement my well concocted plan to steal her
    This is so funny!

When I read the title I was thinking about my own sloth days, which are very different and don't involve any animals besides me.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Sounds like a great day indeed. I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. I also heard that the only reason a sloth will come out of its tree is to poop! They are crazy animals indeed.

This is so funny!

When I read the title I was thinking about my own sloth days, which are very different and don't involve any animals besides me.
    Yes, much different. Although may I should have you convert into a sloth instead of a worm. I can make you only pee and poop in a diaper for 10 days.
  4. Old Comment
    my kinky girl best friend wants a house together but also wants a snake.... I'm totally on your side of things... I don't want snakes near meeeee.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IHeartFun View Comment
    my kinky girl best friend wants a house together but also wants a snake.... I'm totally on your side of things... I don't want snakes near meeeee.
    Yes! A snake would be a deal breaker for me. I dont want them anywhere near me.
  6. Old Comment
    What are you talking about, snakes are cute!
    And much softer to pet then you might think.
  7. Old Comment
    oh what fun!! I would love to meet a sloth.
    Posted 02-17-2019 at 09:51 AM by poetrylover828 poetrylover828 is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    What are you talking about, snakes are cute!
    And much softer to pet then you might think.
    Not cute! I hate snakes, they are creepy and yucky.
  9. Old Comment
    She is so cute I want to meet one toooo. (I agree snakes can be cute and soft!)