Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

As luck would have it: Our love story!

Posted 07-06-2016 at 09:22 AM by Butterfly
Updated 08-27-2016 at 10:43 PM by Butterfly

Just over two years ago now, I was having a really rough time at life. I was engaged to a man who I had been with for 6 years. Our relationship had completely broken down. We barely talked most days, and we had not slept in the same room for over a month. I had been considering my options for about 6 months, but we had planned a trip to Disney World and I didn't want to back out as it was already planned and paid for. I was hoping a vacation would rekindle the spark.

It seemed like it did at first. I was renewed with some hope, and came back from the trip, hoping to start discussing some wedding plans. As soon as I mentioned the wedding, he completely shut down and I knew we were back to the way we were before our vacation. However, I just wasn't brave enough to leave because I was in a stable financial situation, we owned a house together, and leaving was scary.

I was also having a crappy time at work. I knew I was going to be relocated to a new department but I didn't know when or where or how. I felt completely out of control of my life.

When I start to feel that way, I usually have two options: self harm, or giving up control.

So I posted an ad on June 17. It was very well written (if I do say so myself). I was clear that I was in a relationship, and that I only wanted somebody to dominate me, give me rules and tasks and support me through that. But I also wanted somebody I could be friends with and talk to.

So many stars had to line up for the two of us to have had the opportunity to meet each other the way we did. If any one thing had happened differently, we probably never would have connected.

Asslvr was one of the first people to respond. However, even on day one of posting my ad, I was overcome with responses and it was very overwhelming. The first day I received 20 responses. Although only 5 or so were detailed, I felt like I should respond to each person.

I stayed home sick from work on June 19 and decided to spend my time on the couch responding to people's message and weeding through to find the top contenders. By this time, I was still receiving messages and was close to 30 ish messages.

Asslvr's first message to me was very unimposing. It didn't really stick out to me at first. It was only a couple lines and directed me to his profile to see what type of things he posted. I might have overlooked it but I responded to everybody and he was the first person to message me back.

Normally I wouldn't have taken that day off sick, but since I was so unhappy at work and I felt so sick, I decided to just do it. It just happened that Asslvr was also away from work that morning, in a waiting room waiting for his mom. We could have missed each other if we had not both been online and active at the exact same time.

As most of you know, we hit it off right from the start. We became friends first. Spilling most of our deep dark secrets within the first week. Since I was sick, we never started to play or even really discuss D/s until the end of the week. I couldn't wait any longer and I asked him if he could give me some instructions through kik while I was in the bath.

Since I was still a bit sick, he was very gentle with me. I could tell he was caring, and he gave me short and simple, but very detailed instructions on what he wanted me to do. He didn't want me to over do it. He kept checking in and asking how I felt. Our first play time, although not complicated, lead to one of the best orgasms I had in a long time. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Neither one of us were looking for a relationship. Although I originally stated that I was in a loving relationship, it was mostly to protect myself, and it was Asslvr that I turned to on the nights that I felt broken after a fight with my (now) ex.

Asslvr wasn't looking for anything serious either. His parents were both ill and he didn't feel like he could maintain a serious relationship while dealing with their health concerns and supporting them.

However, it seems that love does happen in mysterious ways (hehe I actually just remember that I blogged about this exact topic just over a year ago).

At about the 3 week mark, we were talking on the phone daily, texting each other hourly, and thinking about each other almost every minute of every day.

After a fishing trip kept Asslvr from talking with me for almost an entire weekend, he admitted he was starting to fall for me. This sparked a few drunken conversations about our feelings. However, neither of us were ready to admit anything.

I decided I was ready to leave my ex. Just through a few weeks of conversation with this man, who I would probably never meet, I knew that there was something better out there for me, and that I deserved better than what the jerk I was living with was providing me.

After I left, Asslvr and I set a date to discuss our feelings, since we were still both in denial. However, two days before this, Asslvr said we could both ask one question to each other. I went first, and I asked if his position about having a girlfriend had changed at all since the first time we had discussed things. He said yes. And then it was his turn to ask. And that stupid butt head of mine asked "Are you falling in love with me?". How unfair was that! After a pause, I said maybe in my voice that clearly told him I meant yes.

Two days later, we had our talk and Asslvr finally told me, that although it scared him A LOT, he was falling in love with me too.

It was then that we decided we needed to meet in person. We spent the next 2 months planning our entire trip together and counting down the days until I flew across the country to be with him.

It was an epic trip, and I for one, knew after our first full day together that I was in love with this man 100%. Not just his online persona, not just his personality or his looks, I loved him.

It was scary because I didn't think I could move across the country, so I held my feelings back and had a lot of doubts. We had a rocky road over the next few months. We planned a second trip in December and the pressure was too much for us. Not knowing what our future held was too much for me, and we had to take a break right before Christmas.

Asslvr, my mom, my best friend, everybody encouraged me to try dating. It was the first time I had really dated in 6 years! Let me tell you it sucked! I know some people love dating but I absolutely don't! And every guy I talked to, was compared back to Asslvr. I realized he really was my prince charming and that every other guy I kissed was just a toad.

Where was Asslvr while I dated other people? He was right there by my side. He called me to encourage me and calm me before every new date, he called me afterwards to find out how it went, he messaged me positive thoughts, he was there for me every step of the way, because even if he couldn't have me, he wanted me to be happy.

How can a girl say no to that?

So with a little help from a friend, I was able to go and visit him one last time in March 2015. We spent two whole weeks together, with no pressure of a relationship, just D/s fun and friendly stuff. We cuddled, we went bowling and he took me on our first "proper" date.

I knew I was in love. And I knew I had to move to be with him.

So I did. I packed up all of my stuff and I moved here.

It was a rocky few months when I first arrived. I was very homesick, but he was there for me every step of the way. Doing everything he could to support me.

Finally in September I was starting to settle in and feel like this was home. I was happy for the first time ever in my life. I had never felt joy in this magnitude before.

And it got even better when he proposed to me Christmas morning (if anybody wants to hear that story, I can save it for a separate blog as this one is already getting longer than I expected).

Right now we are planning the wedding, which is stressful at times, but I know he is there for me to give me a massage, or tell me he is proud of me, or to just give me a kiss while I am working. He is my everything and I have never been happier.

I am so lucky to have found him. I don't know what I have done in this life (or a past life) that was so great for me to deserve him and his love for me, but I will not take it for granted.

By the way ... I totally just realized that the point I was trying to make with this blog definitely didn't happen. Since it is so long, I will just stop here and make my point in a different blog in a few days.
Views 1615 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    OK,
    I seriously think this blog should be exempted from the juli-blog-competition.

You have an unfair advantage and you already have a price.

Letting this blog compete will discourage everybody

(congratulations, wish you all the good, I enjoyed reading)
    Updated 07-06-2016 at 01:29 PM by sir stefan
  2. Old Comment
    I agree with the comment above in saying congratulations and I wish you all the best! Your blog is like a breath of fresh air compared to all the dare-y type blogs there are now and I love reading about your journey together! Also, I'd love to hear the proposal story
  3. Old Comment
    It doesn't matter if you've made your point or not, this was so great to read. From what I read in your blogs, I can tell you make a great couple. And how special that this is the place where you've met. It will make a great anecdote when people will ask you about that :-)

I wish you all the best!
  4. Old Comment
    @Sir Stephan - I wasn't even intending to compete with this blog since it didn't really portray my point. I am glad you liked it enough though that you thought it was competition. Thank you for reading.

@ForeverAlways - Thank you again! I will make sure to post the proposal story since you want to hear it. I love reading blogs about tasks and dares but I also like reading blogs with other stuff, so I am glad other people enjoy it too. I sometimes feel weird posting non kinky stuff.

@Sub.lucy - Thank you so much. Actually the story we tell other people is kind of the point I was going to make but that will be explained more in my next blog.
  5. Old Comment
    He sure made his one question count!

What I like about this is that you both were hurt at the time, and looking for a way to soothe your suffering. You were going through a rough time, and feel better when you're being controlled. Asslvr was dealing with a bad situation, and he feels better when he gets to be in control. There's something very sweet about that. The fact that you were both looking, but from opposite sides of the spectrum.
    I'm glad you and him found what you were looking for, and then some!
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drwarschauu View Comment
    He sure made his one question count!

What I like about this is that you both were hurt at the time, and looking for a way to soothe your suffering. You were going through a rough time, and feel better when you're being controlled. Asslvr was dealing with a bad situation, and he feels better when he gets to be in control. There's something very sweet about that. The fact that you were both looking, but from opposite sides of the spectrum.
    I'm glad you and him found what you were looking for, and then some!
    It sure made me regret my question after hearing his! I will take the task of choosing a question a lot more serious next time, and of course make him go first :P

It makes me happy that we could do that for each other, almost complete each other. We were exactly what each other needed in a very rough time, and it bonded us in a way that I don't think a lot of people get to experience. It was more than just physical which is so special.