Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Soap box rant time ...

Posted 03-22-2015 at 08:15 AM by Butterfly
Updated 03-22-2015 at 08:19 AM by Butterfly
Tags butterfly

I just needed to get a few things off my chest this morning so decided to write this (hopefully) short blog to share with all of you.

It really frustrates me when people don't realize that their actions have consequences. Most people take a second to think about the consequences that their actions will create for themselves, but it seems that a lot less people think about the way that their actions will impact others.

I know it happens in the real world, but it seems so much easier to let this happen when you are on sites such as getDare and are able to hide behind a computer. I understand that some people are here for one thing and that is to satisfy their short term needs and desires, but this usually comes at a price.

There is nothing wrong with being horny and getting what you need to get off - unless however it hurts other people.

Objectifying girls, calling people names, degrading people who don't want to be degraded, trying to convince people to send pictures or strip on cam ... all of these things have the potential to hurt somebody and have lasting effects, and you don't get to stick around to find out what they are.

Just because somebody is behind a computer screen and miles and miles away from you, doesn't mean that they are any less of a person. They are somebodies best friend, daughter, father, sister, nephew, they are a teacher, or fireman, or in the military; they are real people.

And they have real lives with real relationships.

Some of us aren't here to just get our rocks off. Some of us have REAL online relationships with our Dom/mes, Masters, Mistresses, Slaves, Subs etc. And everybody has REAL relationships with work, family and friends.

So lets take for example, trying to persuade a girl to strip for you while she is obviously drunk. You know she has shared naked photos in the past, and you want your piece of the action. What you don't consider is how she is going to feel in the morning when her boyfriend or Dom finds out and she feels like she disappointed them. Let alone, how she will feel about herself for doing those things.

Or

Sending a mass PM calling people names and degrading them when you have never spoken to them before. A lot of us can consider this a troll and either delete it or write back and chew them out and have our own fun, but sometimes it doesn't work like that. Sometimes what is said in the message is enough to completely deflate somebodies self confidence or self esteem or in worst cases cause panic attacks, etc.

People need to realize that their actions have consequences that extend past themselves. There are a lot of great people on this site, and unfortunately this blog is going to be read by most of you rather than who it SHOULD be directed at, but I just needed to get this out before it made me explode.

Thank you for listening, and I will now step off my soap box and leave it for the next person to use.
Views 1063 Comments 13
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
    *stands and applauds* I so agree! I really dislike the whole 'I'm only playing on the internet so nothing I do has any long lasting ramifications' mindset. Some of us take this very seriously and to not take that into consideration just for their short term gratification is horrifying to me!
  2. Old Comment
    I couldn't agree with you more Butterfly, people have so little respect for other people or their relationships so long as they satisfy their own short term desires that's all they seem to be interested in regardless of how it may affect others.

I've seen so called dominants thinking they can just use degrading names just because someone has said they're female and submissive. Do these kinds of people really expect you gals to go weak at the knees and fall into instant submission the second their godly breath (read halitosis) leaves their mouth.

Some days when i see the kind of behaviour, spam emails and trolling that guys frequently do to you gals I'm embarrassed to call myself male at all.

PS. Nice bum in your avatar butterfly, now show me your boobs :P
  3. Old Comment
    I feel icky when people who never talk to me message and ask about my shows. I stopped doing them awhile ago, and I know it's understandable why that's all people ask about given where they know me from, but I do have more to offer people than that.
  4. Old Comment
    I don't understand it. It's not cool.

I'll admit I put up with names before but no, now isn't the time for it.

I only give pictures to two people and no one else gets them.

My Switch said something to me the other day which I find that people need to realize, "You have the right to say no at anytime even if you said yes before." (probably not his exact words but something among those lines.)

Stop and think.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Comment
    I feel icky when people who never talk to me message and ask about my shows. I stopped doing them awhile ago, and I know it's understandable why that's all people ask about given where they know me from, but I do have more to offer people than that.
    Indeed you do, you have so so much more to offer than that. Who knew you had a brain and were a whole lot of fun to talk to as well.
  6. Old Comment
    Amen! The things some people think they can do just because they are on the internet disgusts me, they do not think about the person behind the screen. I could not agree with you more!
  7. Old Comment
    I completely agree with you Butterfly, as well as everyone's comments. Some of the behavior being shown here can be appalling. Sure we're all anonymous and people come here to experiment and try different fantasies, but a certain amount of self control and respect should always be exercised. Unfortunately on the internet, that isn't going to happen. There will always be jerks, immature kids, arrogant assholes and everything in between.

P.s. Show Tease your boobs
  8. Old Comment
    Can I get an Amen? Oh wait, someone already said that. :P I think a lot of people on the interwebs forgets that behind these typing text excerpts are humans - who can get annoyed or insulted. Have their day ruined. Take these horrible names to heart. What I love about GD and the internet is that it provides a safe place for all of us to express our kinkier sides and enjoy each other over TorD or banter. It's not something the real world can provide (for many of us). And It's much easier to say stuff you'd never say irl. I'm of the opinion that how you conduct yourself online should be how you conduct yourself offline - at least when dealing with others' feelings. Boobs, however,...let em fly~
  9. Old Comment
    Since everyone else has adequately expressed everything I WOULD have said... Basically I agree with you 100%. And mean people suck.
    Instead, I want to discuss the most important thing: Don't show Tease! Show ME your boobs!
  10. Old Comment
    Butterfly, has made such a strong statement from what some forget! She, also has brought out those thoughts in which must be stop and thinking about! Which is that form of using the word "respect." Not, throw out the word, just to get what you wish for. There is over doing it, for your joy. There is over doing it, to be a smartass. There is that big term, from expecting the mind to not think. At times, you can kick your own butt, for such demands. Along with being fully stupid, to try to out smart the mind. The assholes, who are just that; know what there mission is and do that to reach there goals. That is the bottom line!
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Comment
    My Switch said something to me the other day which I find that people need to realize, "You have the right to say no at anytime even if you said yes before." (probably not his exact words but something among those lines.)

Stop and think.
    Well said TKWS and ALB, well said, whilst I know men pester the ladies, we can also get frustrated by the fly by "Rocks off and go" people on here, but at least girls don't tend to slag people off or demand picture proof.

Maybe there should be a GD wall of shame

Mr Charcol
  12. Old Comment
    Exactly, Butterfly! I'll try to keep this vague to protect identities: I recently saw someone comment in a rude way on something. I decided to PM with the person that received the rude comment. As it turned out, it did hurt a lot harder than the rude poster probably meant. Even when we don't see someone on the other end of the conversation, it doesn't mean they aren't there and it doesn't make their feelings any less real. I hope people who come across this blog will remember that a little better when posting!
  13. Old Comment
    I completely, entirely agree with this. And I'm so sorry people can be so awful. There's no excuse for it, online or in RL. Apart from that, I'm just going to echo what everyone else has already said, and say thank you for posting, and I hope people take this to heart.
    Posted 04-02-2015 at 02:26 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline