Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Butterfly's Toy Box: Ceramix Plug

Posted 06-20-2017 at 11:00 AM by Butterfly

*Disclaimer: These reviews are my own opinion. I do not work for any company who sells these toys. I do not profit in anyway. They are simply my opinions and experiences. I also do not speak to the safety of any particular toy and am not responsible for your safety when you use a particular toy. I also do not promise that you will have a similar experience to mine. If your opinion or experience is different from mine, please share it in the comments as I am only one person and the more people who comment, the better the review.

Today I am going to review one of the most interesting of my toys. Not only does it look really cool, but it also feels really cool (or hot depending on how you use it )

Pipedream Ceramix No. 2

Description
This plug is made out of a smooth ceramic. I would consider this a medium size plus with a length of 4.75 inches and a diameter of 1.5 inches. The part that makes this plug interesting is the base. This plug is designed for temperature play. You can put cold or hot water inside the hollow plug, and seal it with the rubber plug at the base. It will keep the temperature for up to 20 minutes.

Price
I purchased this plug on sale for about $20 CAD on amazon.ca. However, looking at the price on amazon today, it is regular $35.

You can view it here!

Pros
  • Smooth exterior allows it to slide in without friction.
  • Non-pourous surface makes it very easy to keep clean.
  • It is hollow which makes it relatively light when not filled.
  • Because you are able to fill it with hot or cold water, it really does change the feel of the toy each time you use it.
  • It looks really cool!
  • It is nicely tapered which makes it easier and more comfortable to insert.
  • The neck of the base is narrow which make it comfortable to wear, as well as does not make you feel as though it will fall out.

Best Feature

Temperature play options

Cons
  • When filled, the plug can be on the heavy side, which can make it difficult to wear for long term play.
  • The plug is on the medium to large side, and therefore not for beginners.
  • Because the plug is made out of ceramix, it is not flexible and therefore can be uncomfortable for long term wear.

Worst Feature

Hard to wear for long term play

My experience
I have used this plug during play on a number of occasions.

Hollow
When using the plug when it is hollow, it really isn't all that different from my glass plugs. It isn't quiet as slippery as the glass. but it is a lot lighter. This plug is one of the longer and fatter plugs that I own so it can take some time to work it inside you, however, once it is inserted, the base tapers fairly narrow and it is very comfortable.

Cold
We have used the plug with ice water inside it on a few occasions. It is a very interesting sensation. It isn't as cold as using ice, but it definitely is a shock to your system. The cold feeling made it a little harder for me to relax when it was being inserted, it took me longer to get it inside, and once inside I found that it was a bit less comfortable because of the cold achey sensation. It did give me goosebumps and I even shivered when I clenched around during an orgasm. I find that with your body heat, the cold sensation is only intense for the first 10 minutes or so and then it very quickly starts to heat up. When filled with water, the plug was also a lot heavier, and I don't know if I would enjoy walking around with it in for too long. However, I think this would be a fun way to cool off on a hot day.

Warm
We have only used the plug with warm water on one occasion. My body had a much easier time letting the plug in as the warmth helped to relax me. Once inside, the plug gave me a weird but pleasant sensation. It was almost if I was peeing myself? A warmth spread throughout my tummy and the rest of my body. I normally am on the warmer side, and I remember the plug making me feel hot. I also found the heat stayed a lot longer than the cold sensation. Your body acts as an incubator and kept it insulated and warmer longer.

Would I recommend it to others?
Yes! I wouldn't recommend this plug to a beginner, but for somebody who enjoys anal and would like to try something new, this plug provides some variety in how you can use it, and I can honestly say I have not felt anything like this before.

Please share your comments and experiences in the comments, especially if they are different from what I have described above, or if I forgot to mention anything. Please also ask any questions, and I will try my best to answer them.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great review! Now I want one too. Although it is actually smaller than my medium (smallest) plug I have now so I'm thinking it might be too small.
    Still, the possibility to fill if up seems really cool (or hot)
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you for this great review.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    Great review! Now I want one too. Although it is actually smaller than my medium (smallest) plug I have now so I'm thinking it might be too small.
    Still, the possibility to fill if up seems really cool (or hot)
    It will have a much different feel than your smallest plug. This material has no stretch or flexibility and so it makes it feel a lot larger. It is also a lot heavier when filled, so I think you might still enjoy it, and you would probably have no problem keeping it in for a longer time.