Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

PSA regarding PM Dares

Posted 06-03-2018 at 09:11 PM by Butterfly
Updated 06-22-2018 at 07:25 PM by Butterfly

It has been brought to my attention that some people have felt overwhelmed with the response they have received from their advertised PM dares. Part of this is because Lola.fox and I have been encouraging members to get more active and "share the love" by giving attention to threads or PM dares that may not be getting the attention they deserve.

I can understand that if multiple people decide to send you PM dares in the same timeframe, that it could get overwhelming. I wanted to post this blog to suggest a few ways to prevent or handle this ...

1. When you create your PM dares, or anytime after posting, you should consider putting limits or rules on your PM dares. Sure it is more likely that you only get 1 or 2 here or there, however, to prevent things from piling up, maybe set a limit of how many can be sent each day. Another limit that you can place is how many of a specific pm dare people can give. Instead of saying "PM me Spank x and I will spank as many times as you want" put a limit for the range so people don't go crazy.

You can also set them so that only friends or only members of a certain thread can respond. This may help limit keep the numbers low as well.

2. If you are starting to receive an influx of messages and are feeling like it may be too much for right now, close your PM dares temporarily. Add a comment to your blog or thread to let people know they are currently off, take them out of your signature, and remove your participation from threads until you catch up. You may then turn them back on when you're ready.

3. If you get to the point where you have too many pending dares, contact the people who sent them and let them know you have a lot piled up and that you are going to work towards completing them. Most people are understanding and will be patient. If they aren't, they aren't worth your time and effort. Another alternative is to create a blog or thread to keep track of your progress and keep people updated.

When you post PM dares, you are asking people, any members of the site, to send them to you. You are openly asking for tasks from friends or strangers. If this is not what you want, please consider making rules as to who you would like to send them to you.

You are opening yourself up to receiving anywhere from no attention to 100s of PMs a day. If this is not what you want, please consider placing limits as to how many PMs might be given at any given time.

Receiving PM dares is not (usually) an act of bullying. Whether they are from friends or strangers, it is most likely that people are trying to help because that is what you have asked for.

They don't need to ask your consent, because you have publically asked for dares. If your PM dares are posted, with no limits or rules, and are marked as active, your consent is given. If you don't want to receive them anymore, take your consent away and take them down or mark them as closed.

And above all else, YOU are the person who controls what you do and don't do. If at any time you cannot fulfill you're pending PM dares, for any reason at all, then DON'T. Nobody can force you. Real life and real feelings come first. ALWAYS!!!
Views 859 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    ^---- Fully agree. If it was mathematically possible, it would be by more than 100%.
  2. Old Comment
    Yeah I totally agree with this. Most of my pm dares have no time limit for when I have to complete them, so if I get a lot, they just get added to my to do list and I do them when I can. If you stress over them, it takes any fun out of doing them anyway.

It does seem to go in phases, I can go for ages not getting any, and then get loads in a few days.
  3. Old Comment
    Good suggestions but honestly I am surprised that people are complaining of getting too many!

Back when I had them I was always disappointed that I rarely if ever got them. I linked them in my signature of course but that didn't help much.
  4. Old Comment
    Totally agree.

If you are in lack of PM dares, there are plenty of ways to get them.